There are 174 users in the forums

Who will be the 2011 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who will be the 2011 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

Alex Smith
Clearly I'm a homer picking Smith, but I do think he has a legit shot. The guy is playing in a very aggressive defense, has all the tools and is in the second most valued position in football. If he gets close to 10 sacks I think he is in. We'll see. Of course, Peterson is in a division with Alex Smith, so that's good for at least 3 picks.... Relax, I'm kidding.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
As a darkhorse pick, i'm gonna say Mason Foster, Middle Linebacker for the Bucs
That, my friend, is a very good darkhorse pick.

Robert Quinn
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Patrick Peterson
I voted for Fairley because of the situation he's in. Every o line he faces is going to have to double team Suh as much as possible. That will allow Fairley to go unchecked and rack up crazy sack numbers. Sacks get you noticed.
As far as dark horse picks, I'm going to say Jabaal Sheard from Cleveland. They have a very under-the-radar defensive squad that I think is a fairly solid unit altogether.

Starters..

DL: Mitchell - Phil Taylor - A.Rubin - Sheard
LB: Fujita - D'Qwell Jackson - Gocong

CB: Haden - Sheldon Brown
FS: Usama Young
SS: T.J. Ward
funny how much love aldon is getting from the zone after the world caught on fire and the sky fell when we drafted him lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
funny how much love aldon is getting from the zone after the world caught on fire and the sky fell when we drafted him lol

zone - biggest flip floppers ever. lmao i dont even know if he'll get 2-3 sacks let alone 10
  • evil
  • Veteran
Akeem Ayers Tennessee. You heard it here first.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Aldon Smith

Like a Boss
hell yeah like a boss son!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Akeem Ayers Tennessee. You heard it here first.
Has a very legitimate shot. The reports on him are pretty glowing so far.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As far as dark horse picks, I'm going to say Jabaal Sheard from Cleveland. They have a very under-the-radar defensive squad that I think is a fairly solid unit altogether.

Starters..

DL: Mitchell - Phil Taylor - A.Rubin - Sheard
LB: Fujita - D'Qwell Jackson - Gocong

CB: Haden - Sheldon Brown
FS: Usama Young
SS: T.J. Ward
This team appears to have a real plan. Need some help at LB, and a few more pieces, but they are getting there.
Watt playing very well. Blocked a field goal yesterday, had a handful of tackles, pressures. Solid start so far. Many rookies playing at a high level this year. Impressive class.
Share 49ersWebzone