There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

For all of the Webzoners who did not want Hasselbeck

You where dead WRONG. He would have been so much better of a qb than AS to mentor Kaepernick.

Read the link. Practice fast, had only 10 days of practice and moved the chains and the offense is up tempo.

10 days vs 7th year.


UGGHHHHHHHHH

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao_Eea94RgDnc1YDG95g6WRDubYF?slug=ap-titans-offense
Still don't want, lol.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,037
Originally posted by 9erred:
You where dead WRONG. He would have been so much better of a qb than AS to mentor Kaepernick.

Read the link. Practice fast, had only 10 days of practice and moved the chains and the offense is up tempo.

10 days vs 7th year.


UGGHHHHHHHHH

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao_Eea94RgDnc1YDG95g6WRDubYF?slug=ap-titans-offense

Alex Smith will have a better year than Hasselbeck... I'm willing to make a bet with you on that.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
I actually like him, but not with our o-line, he'd have broken something in that preseason game the other day lol. Locker will be a starter for them by the end of their season.
Pretty sure there was a big article titled, "Hasselbeck struggles" right after their first pre-season game.

Matt is beaten to a pulp and can't stay healthy. This is not the same old Matt of the past from several years ago. This is the Hasselbeck whose career is at its very end. This is the Hasselbeck who has had a worse state line than Alex Smith for the past two years, and has the following stat line for the past three seasons:

2010 - 14 starts, 3001 yards, 12 TD and 17 INT. 7 fumbles (5 lost). QB Rating of 73.2
2009 - 14 starts, 3029 yards, 17 TD and 17 INT. 11 fumbles (3 lost). QB Rating of 75.1
2008 - 7 starts, 1216 yards, 5 TD and 10 INT. 1 fumble. QB Rating of 57.8

Yeah, Hasselbeck is freaking awesome.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 9erred:
You where dead WRONG. He would have been so much better of a qb than AS to mentor Kaepernick.

Read the link. Practice fast, had only 10 days of practice and moved the chains and the offense is up tempo.

10 days vs 7th year.


UGGHHHHHHHHH

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao_Eea94RgDnc1YDG95g6WRDubYF?slug=ap-titans-offense

Alex Smith will have a better year than Hasselbeck... I'm willing to make a bet with you on that.

But will he have a better year than Locker?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pretty sure there was a big article titled, "Hasselbeck struggles" right after their first pre-season game.

Matt is beaten to a pulp and can't stay healthy. This is not the same old Matt of the past from several years ago. This is the Hasselbeck whose career is at its very end. This is the Hasselbeck who has had a worse state line than Alex Smith for the past two years, and has the following stat line for the past three seasons:

2010 - 14 starts, 3001 yards, 12 TD and 17 INT. 7 fumbles (5 lost). QB Rating of 73.2
2009 - 14 starts, 3029 yards, 17 TD and 17 INT. 11 fumbles (3 lost). QB Rating of 75.1
2008 - 7 starts, 1216 yards, 5 TD and 10 INT. 1 fumble. QB Rating of 57.8

Yeah, Hasselbeck is freaking awesome.
Not to mention he was offered a 3 yr $20 million from the Titans. It would have been preposterous to pay him that amount. Alex has outperformed him the last 2 years and we got him for 1 year $5 million. All we needed was a 1 year stop-gap and Alex is perfect for that role.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
I didn't mind if we signed him but he's close to being in his mid-30s and didn't even have a good year last season.. I have a feeling Locker will be starting sooner rather than later
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Still don't want, lol.

Me either.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Still don't want, lol.

Me either.

never wanted
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Alex Smith will have a better year than Hasselbeck... I'm willing to make a bet with you on that.
me and you both.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Alex Smith will have a better year than Hasselbeck... I'm willing to make a bet with you on that.
me and you both.


You are pretty confident in a qb that just went 2 for 7, against a qb who is just better than Smith. OK, I will take the bet that Matt Hasselbeck has a better season than Alex Smith. We can go off of three criteria, qb rating, TD to INT ratio, and W-L, all weighted 33%, with outright winner in each category getting all the points.

Winner gets bragging rights, Loser has to come and eat crow on the webzone.
SUCK FOR LUCK, SUCK FOR LUCK, SUCK FOR LUCK!!!
Originally posted by 9erred:
You are pretty confident in a qb that just went 2 for 7, against a qb who is just better than Smith. OK, I will take the bet that Matt Hasselbeck has a better season than Alex Smith. We can go off of three criteria, qb rating, TD to INT ratio, and W-L, all weighted 33%, with outright winner in each category getting all the points.

Winner gets bragging rights, Loser has to come and eat crow on the webzone.

I'm in for that.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:08 AM ]