There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What deal could get us Asante Samuel?

I don't think we need him. I am actually gonna be comfortable with our secondary this year.
I dont think he's a big need anymore, but hell It wont hurt to have him around, the fact is that the eagles wont let him go for less than a 2nd or maybe Alex Smith
Philly is dangling Asante before the deadline. Worth a tire kick? They got about an hour and a half to start kicking before the deadline is up.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Philly is dangling Asante before the deadline. Worth a tire kick? They got about an hour and a half to start kicking before the deadline is up.

At the beginning of the year i would have said hell yeah, but im liking our Corners right now.
I'd rather have Cully develop...dude is a STUD
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ I like our CB's also, but it's a long season and I don't want this season to be ruined because of depth. A 2-3 week injury can really hold us back. I remember when our LBS were our strongest position and injury to Peterson and Ulbrich ruined our Defense.
hell yes you bring him in. the roster is strong, make it STRONGER for the playoff push.
They want players for front 7

Don't have anyone that can help eagles and would be minimal loss to us

Idk about his contract either. We have lots of FA to sign as well
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

At the beginning of the year i would have said hell yeah, but im liking our Corners right now.
Agree. It's the greed in me though that makes me want to see if we can get him and make that defense even better. Rogers is solid and while Spencer gets healthy the young corners have been holding it down. I think the added depth could be a plus for us.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
They want players for front 7

Don't have anyone that can help eagles and would be minimal loss to us

Idk about his contract either. We have lots of FA to sign as well

Samuel is earning $5.9 million this year, $8.4 million 2012 and $10.4 million in 2013
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Oct 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM ]
That's too much imo

Rather have rogers and brooks for same amount
A 2012 first round pick and a conditional 2013 pick (could be a first rounder depending if the Niners make the playoffs (obviously they will, but this is just a disclaimer))
Wouldn't want anymore hype than we already have
We don't need him at all
doesn't tackle, lol!
Not worth for what we'd have to give up. How much more could he have added to what we did against Detroit? Not enough to lose anyone worthwhile. Just think Cullver is a 3rd round rookie who covered thebest WR in football and kept him out of the end zone.