• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
asante is a really good corner.

Zone - Yes. Bump-n-Run - No.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

he is a playmaker and a game changer, though.
This rumor is unsubstantiated.

Links? Cited Sources?
Dude isn't worth a 2nd!
We're not getting him. Does not fit the scheme whatsoever. This is an attacking defense among the front seven and press/man-to-man coverage in the secondary. This isn't Tampa Two or Zone defense.

We need physical corners, and Cromartie and Rogers fit that bill. Not Samuel.

last time i checked our corners played like 15 yards of the LOS w/ Manusky. i dont know what Fangio wants however.

i still stand by my statement though. he makes plays and is an above average corner.

last time i checked our corners played like 15 yards of the LOS w/ Manusky. i dont know what Fangio wants however.

i still stand by my statement though. he makes plays and is an above average corner.

He's more than that too, man. Above average doesn't get you in the pro bowl 4 straight years.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Guys the cap number on Asante Samuel will not be 9mill. It will be less, because the Eagles will be charged with paying his bonus which inflates the cap. His cap number will be in the 5-7million dollar range.

Stay Tuned.. Ill keep you posted.

Expect the Dashon Goldson decision within the next 48hrs. Eric Weddle Contract range.

HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We're not getting him. Does not fit the scheme whatsoever. This is an attacking defense among the front seven and press/man-to-man coverage in the secondary. This isn't Tampa Two or Zone defense.

Disagree. He's most effective in an attacking defense. He excels at peeking into the backfield and jumping routes when a QB is under heat. NE and Philly are both pretty aggressive on defense. Well, NE was when he was there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I wouldn't take him.
got damn it i dont want samuel, go after cromartie or marshall. samuel does not fit and i think hes gonna decline and with that contract it even makes him less attractive. this front office is pissing me off to no extent, at least nolan/mcoughlan signed players
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy is the same age as Nnamdi, 2nd rounder ehhh
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He's more than that too, man. Above average doesn't get you in the pro bowl 4 straight years.

dude. read my first comment...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

asante played for the patriots 3-4 "attacking" defense too genius
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

dude. read my first comment...

Dude. I was agreeing with you and supporting the point you were making.

I think this is all starting to get to you. You aren't starting to see imaginary people, are you?