[RUMORS] inside source: 49ers to discuss trade for Samuel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by battletowin:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
49ers are currently waiting to hear from Dashon Goldson whether he accepts there 4/5yr contract offer! If he decides to sign with Dallas, Oakland or some other team...they will begin to become more persistent to add a Cromartie or a Asanete Samuel in a trade.

The 49ers want to see if Goldson accepts the offer. this is from my source!! If Goldson accepts the Offer look for SF to go after a Chris Carr or a Carlos Rogers a 2nd tier CB(or even resign Clements).

If Goldson decides to walk...expect them to heavily push for Cromartie or a Trade!

Thats where that is...Goldson's decision will be heard within the next 10 hrs.

49ers from what I know have offered him in the 4-6 million dollar range annually. Raiders are in the 6-7 mill a yr range.

dont be surprised if SF attempts to sign HUFF if they lose Goldson.

I hope Goldson doesn't re-sign with us

I'm torn between Goldson and Huff. Tough choice if it's between those 2.

Huff plays better in coverage

Who was it back in the day that was absolutely in love with Huff and wanted him over Vernon?

wasn't it krizay?

Yeah, that sounds right. Doesn't he still hate on Vernon?
I dont get the big deal in giving up at MOST a 2nd rounder for a CB of Samuel's caliber. It not like we are loaded with amazing 2nd round picks on our team. Kaepernick looks like a stud in the making, but other than that, I see nothing in our teams ability to draft past the 1st round.

His cap figure is in the $5.4 mil range, which is nothing to get upset about. I say pull the trigger if you can. What can we lose at the moment?

s**t, send Chilo and a 4th, I dont care. Get it done.. no ones better than him in the open market anyway.
Originally posted by NewEraSF:
I dont get the big deal in giving up at MOST a 2nd rounder for a CB of Samuel's caliber. It not like we are loaded with amazing 2nd round picks on our team. Kaepernick looks like a stud in the making, but other than that, I see nothing in our teams ability to draft past the 1st round.

His cap figure is in the $5.4 mil range, which is nothing to get upset about. I say pull the trigger if you can. What can we lose at the moment?

s**t, send Chilo and a 4th, I dont care. Get it done.. no ones better than him in the open market anyway.

good post

Fans place a premium on draft picks around here. Why? Who knows. They're stuck on the "build thru the draft" thing, which works great - IF your team knows how to draft, like New England or Indianapolis. The Niners' recent draft history is trash outside of a few great picks, but only Gore was a "diamond in the rough" type of pick. Guys like Willis and VD were 1st rounders and if you can't hit on a 1st rounder, especially a top 10 or 15 pick, then I can't even think of an insult bad enough to apply.

In other words, teams like NE stock up on draft picks because they know exactly what to do in April. We don't.

I'd have no problem giving up a 2nd round pick for Asante Samuel.
Ya OK, give up a second round pick next year after we let so many good cbs slide right by in free agency. Not buying it. Not a good move. We are in rebuilding mode.......again.

[/left]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm a little uneasy about us trading with Philly, there good at fleecing teams.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Fans place a premium on draft picks around here. Why? Who knows. They're stuck on the "build thru the draft" thing, which works great - IF your team knows how to draft, like New England or Indianapolis. The Niners' recent draft history is trash outside of a few great picks, but only Gore was a "diamond in the rough" type of pick. Guys like Willis and VD were 1st rounders and if you can't hit on a 1st rounder, especially a top 10 or 15 pick, then I can't even think of an insult bad enough to apply.

In other words, teams like NE stock up on draft picks because they know exactly what to do in April. We don't.

Exactly! We don't exactly have Bill Belichek or Bill Polian evaluating draft talent.

That being said, even teams like NE are shelling out draft picks (all be it lower ones) for players they need and want.

When was the last time we took a gamble with a draft pick? Tedd Ginn for a 5th... We really didn't see any impact from him, but Im not losing any sleep over that pick, nor will I over a 2nd rounder for Asante Samuel.

Who would we draft with that pick anyway? The way I see it playing out: Most likely a project.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
9ers/Baalke will not do it. I think somewhere Baalke said before this past draft that he favors more the bigger type DB's.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

______

Because he is a zone, Tampa 2 style corner. We need bump and run guys.

He would be the worst CB on our roster in our aggressive, physical defensive strategy.

That's why.

Exactly! We don't exactly have Bill Belichek or Bill Polian evaluating draft talent.

That being said, even teams like NE are shelling out draft picks (all be it lower ones) for players they need and want.

When was the last time we took a gamble with a draft pick? Tedd Ginn for a 5th... We really didn't see any impact from him, but Im not losing any sleep over that pick, nor will I over a 2nd rounder for Asante Samuel.

Who would we draft with that pick anyway? The way I see it playing out: Most likely a project.

I disagree about not seeing any impact from Ginn. We didn't see any impact from him on offense, but he helped the return game significantly. Anyone who remembers the atrocity we called our return game in 2009 knows what I'm talking about. While Ginn didn't exactly light it up as a return man, our returns were 1000x more effective than they were the year before. The Ginn trade was worth it, in my opinion.

Originally posted by okdkid:

______

He would be the worst CB on our roster in our aggressive, physical defensive strategy.

That's why.

Nate Clements was a bump and run guy, that worked out GREAT.

______

That's why.

Well, a playmaker is a playmaker. We are interested for a reason. He's as aggressive as it gets in going after the ball. We have no turnover ability on our D.

Would you throw a fit if we got him? I doubt it.

I disagree about not seeing any impact from Ginn. We didn't see any impact from him on offense, but he helped the return game significantly. Anyone who remembers the atrocity we called our return game in 2009 knows what I'm talking about. While Ginn didn't exactly light it up as a return man, our returns were 1000x more effective than they were the year before. The Ginn trade was worth it, in my opinion.

Well what I was trying to say was, even without those returns...it wouldn't have mattered to most fans about the draft pick. Bc we suck at drafting anyway and wouldve chosen a bum thats converting from punter to tight end.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

______

That's why.

______

In our system, Clements is 100x better than Asante Samuel.

Listen, just because you recognize the name doesn't mean he will work out in every defensive system. Cornerbacks are not interchangeable. You love the name, not the player.

______

That's why.

______

In our system, Clements is 100x better than Asante Samuel.

Listen, just because you recognize the name doesn't mean he will work out in every defensive system. Cornerbacks are not interchangeable. You love the name, not the player.

Just let it go...

You know my kids always ask to put band aids on their scabbed cuts and squished fingers. It doesn't matter that the action does nothing for them but do they continuously whine until they get it... YES. Did it do anything.... absolutely not.

Although in this case, it would be harmfully to the scheme and cause failures which then would enrage the fan base that would call the decision makers inept.
Share 49ersWebzone