There are 200 users in the forums

[RUMORS] inside source: 49ers to discuss trade for Samuel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by kidash:
To the OP, please include a link with the original post or this thread will be locked.

I am guessing the OP is once again claiming it's his "inside source" at team HQ...IIRC he has been right once before however he has also been very very wrong and more than once....

I did find this :

Quote:
July 29, 2011 8:23 p.m. - by Michael Erler - 49ers interested in Asante Samuel?
Now that the Eagles came out of nowhere to swoop free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha a day after trading for Arizona CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, there is speculation that the 49ers will trade for Eagles CB Asante Samuel. Samuel, 30, is on the books for $5.9 for the Eagles and has 42 career interceptions. 49ers RapidReports

Link

i would love to get him he a ball hawk and a playmaker however i would feel more comfortable for him to be our #2 CB and get cromatie as well cromatie is that shut down type of CB and asante is a gguy who will get a lot of ints

Cromartie is a shut down CB? On what planet?

shut down type maybe s**tdown isnt right word maybe lockdown i mean he is extremely good in bump and run type coverage we will be running here
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by kidash:
To the OP, please include a link with the original post or this thread will be locked.

I am guessing the OP is once again claiming it's his "inside source" at team HQ...IIRC he has been right once before however he has also been very very wrong and more than once....

I did find this :

Quote:
July 29, 2011 8:23 p.m. - by Michael Erler - 49ers interested in Asante Samuel?
Now that the Eagles came out of nowhere to swoop free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha a day after trading for Arizona CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, there is speculation that the 49ers will trade for Eagles CB Asante Samuel. Samuel, 30, is on the books for $5.9 for the Eagles and has 42 career interceptions. 49ers RapidReports

Link

i would love to get him he a ball hawk and a playmaker however i would feel more comfortable for him to be our #2 CB and get cromatie as well cromatie is that shut down type of CB and asante is a gguy who will get a lot of ints

Cromartie is a shut down CB? On what planet?

shut down type maybe s**tdown isnt right word maybe lockdown i mean he is extremely good in bump and run type coverage we will be running here

He is good at bump and run (ask Peyton Manning about his issues with A.C) It's his support in the run game, he makes too many "business" decisions and misses tackles. However I'm having a hard time recalling how well he does playing in zone. Can someone with knowledge shed some light? Thx
I still think we're gonna trade gore + a mid-tier draft pick away for some kind of Samuel 'care' package (they could throw in a backup linemen with 3 years on the bench time, with WCO-experience under Reid's system, that's waiting to start somewhere).

I doubt we're going to be making any FA moves from this point forward, so a massive trade is in due-diligence right now.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I still think we're gonna trade gore + a mid-tier draft pick away for some kind of Samuel 'care' package (they could throw in a backup linemen with 3 years on the bench time, with WCO-experience under Reid's system, that's waiting to start somewhere).

I doubt we're going to be making any FA moves from this point forward, so a massive trade is in due-diligence right now.

I have been 100% content with free agency so far, if we trade Gore for that has been CB I will be upset. That is about the dumbest thing I have heard in months, seriously.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Asante Samuel Might be Headed to Arizona

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel might be headed to the Arizona Cardianls since Arizona sent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Eagles in the Kevin Kolb deal. The Cardinals now essentially have an open spot at corner for a guy like Samuel.

The Eagles don’t have room for Rodgers-Cromartie, Samuel and Asomugha in their defensive backfield. It was also noted by Jay Glazer of Fox Sports that the Cardinals made an attempt at signing Asomugha as well. So in turn it would make sense for them to go after Samuel.

Link
Originally posted by VDSF:

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel might be headed to the Arizona Cardianls since Arizona sent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Eagles in the Kevin Kolb deal. The Cardinals now essentially have an open spot at corner for a guy like Samuel.

The Eagles don’t have room for Rodgers-Cromartie, Samuel and Asomugha in their defensive backfield. It was also noted by Jay Glazer of Fox Sports that the Cardinals made an attempt at signing Asomugha as well. So in turn it would make sense for them to go after Samuel.

Link

They already signed Marshall this morning, and have Patrick Peterson, they don't need Samuel anymore.
Originally posted by Chief:

I have been 100% content with free agency so far, if we trade Gore for that has been CB I will be upset. That is about the dumbest thing I have heard in months, seriously.

Wow the zone never seems to change. Has been CB? Asante is one of the most smartest CB's in the game. The guy is a pin point expert at jumping routes and coming away with a pick. I would trade Gore in a heart beat for him. He has 3 years left on his contract while we are depending on a RB coming off a broke hip, tore his ACL's 3 times, surgically repaired shoulders, 1 year left on his contract, and is holding out. Look at the draft next year with LaMichael James and Trent Richardson coming out. Could also pick up someone like Ahmad Bradshaw in FA or possibly Ronnie Brown for a 2 year deal.
I just heard Sal Palantonio say Asante told Andy Reid he didnt want to be traded

Jesus, you make Frank Gore sound like he's Adrian Peterson, and that serviceable RBs aren't a dime-a-dozen. -Gore is nothing but a has-been 'injury-bug' who's become an expendable liability (guy is f**king holding out for a retirement contract right now).

After next year we won't be able to trade Gore for nothing more than a bag of rough-rider condoms.

Gore for Samuel is one of the most even-cut trades you could imagine; each player has about 2 good years left in them, and we need an educated CB more than a semi-retarded RB right now who whines every-time he doesn't get enough touches.

Jesus, you make Frank Gore sound like he's Adrian Peterson, and that serviceable RBs aren't a dime-a-dozen. -Gore is nothing but a has-been 'injury-bug' who's become an expendable liability (guy is f**king holding out for a retirement contract right now).

After next year we won't be able to trade Gore for nothing more than a bag of rough-rider condoms.

Gore for Samuel is one of the most even-cut trades you could imagine; each player has about 2 good years left in them, and we need an educated CB more than a semi-retarded RB right now who whines every-time he doesn't get enough touches.

thats harsh

Originally posted by txniner2:

thats harsh

But sadly, it's the truth... and somebody had to say it.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:

Link

They already signed Marshall this morning, and have Patrick Peterson, they don't need Samuel anymore.

Keyword: MIGHT!
For all of you that want to trade Gore for Samuel who the f**k are we suppose to replace Gore with? You guys act like any RB can just come and replace Gore, Gore is a top 8 RB in the league and may I. Remind you that gore is the focal point of this offense. Do you guys really think Dixon and Hunter can come in and fill in Gore's shoes, you guys are crazy!
oops

[ Edited by b9er37 on Jul 30, 2011 at 10:04:11 ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
For all of you that want to trade Gore for Samuel who the f**k are we suppose to replace Gore with? You guys act like any RB can just come and replace Gore, Gore is a top 8 RB in the league and may I. Remind you that gore is the focal point of this offense. Do you guys really think Dixon and Hunter can come in and fill in Gore's shoes, you guys are crazy!

i think Hunter is our running back for the future but i don't think he will be a starter this year
Share 49ersWebzone