There are 196 users in the forums

LOL Biggest Joke ive heard yet.. Goddell Says lockout is for fans to.

Shop 49ers game tickets
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he’s not just thinking about the owners’ finances during the NFL lockout. He also says he’s thinking about the fans.

Specifically, Goodell told Tampa Bay Buccaneers season ticket holders that curbing the rising cost of attending games is one of the reasons for the lockout.

“We can’t continue to shift the cost, whether it’s the rising player cost or the rising cost of operating an NFL franchise, on to our fans,” Goodell said, per the Tampa Tribune. “That’s why we’re trying to get a better economic model. And I think everyone understands that. You are not being left out of the equation. The fans are a big part of that equation and a big part of the success of NFL football.”

If Goodell is telling the truth, that means that if a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that’s more favorable to the owners is hammered out, the growth rate of ticket prices should decline.

But if I were a season-ticket holder, I wouldn’t hold my breath: Supply and demand tells me that owners will charge as much as the market will bear for tickets, regardless of how they split the ticket revenue with the players.

On the conference call with Bucs fans, one said he’s praying for Goodell during the lockout.

“I appreciate your prayers,” Goodell said. “We’ll take any help we can get

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/09/goodell-tells-fans-lockout-is-for-them-too/

What a joke this guy is.. Like owners are gonna really lower ticket and concessions and stuff like that for fans.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fricker:
What a joke this guy is.. Like owners are gonna really lower ticket and concessions and stuff like that for fans.

None of that means lowering ticket prices.

Quote:
If Goodell is telling the truth, that means that if a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that’s more favorable to the owners is hammered out, the growth rate of ticket prices should decline.

He is such a sweet man
Originally posted by English:
He is such a sweet man
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Quote:

yea well u get what im saying though. Trying to say hes all about us.. But There is no Us into the equation at all.
It's like doctors fighting with insurance companies, in the end the patient gets stuck with the bill.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Quote:

yea well u get what im saying though. Trying to say hes all about us.. But There is no Us into the equation at all.

If there was "us" in the equation, players wouldn't get fined and suspended for sacking the QB or celebrating a damn TD. Goodell is a joke, but not just because of the BS he just let loose.
DIAF s**thead.
Stadiums aren't filling up like they use to. I don't think he's entirely wrong here. This is why the owners are fighting this so hard.

Now of course they're not doing it for the fans, but don't kid yourself the higher the percentage of profits that go to the players the higher the cost of your ticket.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
In the long run, fans will be better off if the owners get their way.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Stadiums aren't filling up like they use to. I don't think he's entirely wrong here. This is why the owners are fighting this so hard.

Now of course they're not doing it for the fans, but don't kid yourself the higher the percentage of profits that go to the players the higher the cost of your ticket.

Exactly. And current economic conditions have led to higher food prices, higher energy costs, higher transportaiton costs, and other higher conditions that have put a dent on the NFL Owners revenue steam.

And it doesn't help that in a span of 5 years, 1st round draft pick salaries have increased at a huge rate.

With the players wanting a bigger slice and additional benefits, it will further impact their profitablity.

If you compare a NFL team to a business, how many companies out there will put the customer first over their profit margins?

That being said, players shouldn't get less money because idiots like Snyder and Jones shell out multi-million dollar contracts to mediocre talent. The owners shouldn't penalize the players nor the consumers because they can't manage their businesses correctly.

At the end of the day, Goodell is a sock puppet for the key team owners in the league. He's just trying his best to please all sides of the lockout - players, owners, and fans.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
It should be noted that the players do not have the fans interest at heart in these negotations. The owners do, as it falls upon them to provide a product that their customers want - and that includes price.

The biggest possible benefit for fans will be lower or non-existent PSL for seats in new stadiums.
Originally posted by fryet:
It should be noted that the players do not have the fans interest at heart in these negotations. The owners do, as it falls upon them to provide a product that their customers want - and that includes price.

The biggest possible benefit for fans will be lower or non-existent PSL for seats in new stadiums.

the bolded is true. te 2nd part is just bullsh!t. that is a revenue stream they already have seen work so they will keep it/
Goddell is the worst commish the NFL has ever had. Perhaps someone should explain inflation to this cat. Prices go up not down. You used to be able to buy a candy bar for a nickle. Inflation is to blame not the workers/players. If he is so worried about ticket prices then why doesnt he use some of the NFLs revenue and assets to lower ticket prices? NFL films, NFL.com etc is fully owned by the NFL. Every time Goddell opens his mouth I cringe at his thoughtless responses.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

What? The NFL is at an all time high in generating revenue.
Share 49ersWebzone