LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Would you be willing to boycott the first week of the season?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you be willing to boycott the first week of the season?

I think we the fans should sit out the first week of the nfl regular season. Both sides say they want football for the fans, but at the same time they have basically taken it away, and replaced it with worries and frustation. Its my opinion that these people need a reality check that without us fans there is no football.

Also if there is a thread similar to this poll, lock this bad boy up and call it a day.

[ Edited by JustMike on Apr 1, 2011 at 09:55:35 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Why? People who care that much I don't get. i already give the league nothing. I don't go to games, I don't buy apparral, I don't have sunday ticket.I simply watch the games and drink beer (not even the ones that sponsor the league). It's a labor dispute within a company I have no interest in other than I watch the product. My family doesn't work there, so I could care less.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Why? People who care that much I don't get. i already give the league nothing. I don't go to games, I don't buy apparral, I don't have sunday ticket.I simply watch the games and drink beer (not even the ones that sponsor the league). It's a labor dispute within a company I have no interest in other than I watch the product. My family doesn't work there, so I could care less.

Some of us love football. To me its an escape from all the crap we face from day to day. Also its just so much fun to watch. I don't want to lose that because people want to fight over money. I don't care who is right in this particular argument, I just want my football!!!
100% say no!

I wouldnt, because I dont think it would make any difference. I think a lot of people would have to walk away for a season, and I dont think I can do that.

Happy to boycott Budweiser if it will help!
Originally posted by JustMike:

Some of us love football. To me its an escape from all the crap we face from day to day. Also its just so much fun to watch. I don't want to lose that because people want to fight over money. I don't care who is right in this particular argument, I just want my football!!!

you want it so bad that you won't watch it?
LOL

NO!

Football is football is football is not college or Arena football.
Nah
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I love football too, this is Texas we take it more seriously than anyone. But it's nothing I feel strongly enough to boycott about. I'll boycott a product that tests on baby humans, this is a game in which everyone involved has more money than I'll ever see. You think anyone involved ion the NFL gives 2 s**ts if Joe Fan boycotts? They have contracts either way. Whenever it comes back, I'll enjoy my beer and watch while you're boycotting. Wonder who will be happier.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k NO
Originally posted by HessianDud:

you want it so bad that you won't watch it?

I only mean to boycott the first week. Not going to the game. I would still watch it at a bar or something. Just to show the league what it would be like if the continue to dismiss the consumers feeling about all of this b.s.

All of us here love football, but at this time of year, the labor dispute is really none of our business. The main thing stopping you from having the escape you need is the fact that it's only April 1st. We're still closer to the past season than we are to the next season. When the lock out starts to affect the the season, then I'll start to share your frustrations. As of now, let them be the ones pulling their hair out and losing sleep over the money we give them.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 1, 2011 at 10:42:33 ]
who voted yes??
No, even if I said yes, I would puss out and watch anyways.
we can't even skip out on the draft much less the 1st game of the season
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
No, even if I said yes, I would puss out and watch anyways.

Im not saying don't watch the game. Im simply saying don't go to the first game. Either way they are making money from television contracts. But they would be losing the money from 1 home game. Also all the empty seats will send a pretty strong message to everyone. The players wont get cheers and the owners wont get the money. Again. Just for the first game of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone