NFL to be more aggressive with suspensions for illegal hits next season. Rules defining defenseless players expanded to eight categories:
• QB in act of throwing
• Receiver trying to catch pass
• Runner in grasp with forward progress stopped
• Player fielding punt or kickoff
• Kicker or punter during kick
• QB after change of possession
• Receiver who receives blind-side block
• Player already on ground"
the one that bugs me more is moving a touchback to the 25 yard line. that's lame.
most of the "illegal hit" stuff makes sense to me except for the QB during change of possession. what happens if he's trying to make a tackle? i just want to be sure that he is no longer a "defenseless player" if he's involved in the play.
but as someone else said, people were up in arms last season and the overall effect on the game was negligible.
All of these changes suck. YOu're not allowed to hit a QB while he's throwing? WTF do they expect for the defense to do, just stop miraculously and get rid of all they're momentum when they're trying to sack the guy? This is f**king stupid. The kickoff rule is horrible. You're not allowed to hit a WR catching a ball? So you are just supposed to let him catch it and then run to the end zone? These changes f**kin suck, Goodell sucks ass. I miss Paul Tagliabue.
• Committee will propose making all scoring plays reviewable. Replay official would order replays on any touchdowns, field goals, safeties and extra points without the coaches needing to challenge. Similar to current system for final two minutes of each half and overtime.
This fan site is dedicated to the 49ers and their fans. It is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its teams. All teams and players mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of the NFL. The use of any team names, words, trademarks, logos or photos have been used for descriptive purposes only. The content and information from other sites is the property of their respective owners. Player and team photos used with permission from USA TODAY Sports Images.