LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson

Shop 49ers game tickets
sounds like a swell guy with brilliant negotiation skills.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
sounds like a swell guy with brilliant negotiation skills.

cosigned, what an a*****e.
I wonder if Jed even has a voice in these things.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

I honestly don't think so. I bet he would be one of the only owners who would probably side with the players, IMO. I think he wants to get this CBA done no matter so we can actually have a good season with a new coach.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

I honestly don't think so. I bet he would be one of the only owners who would probably side with the players, IMO. I think he wants to get this CBA done no matter so we can actually have a good season with a new coach.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Not very professional. Maybe he's playing bad cop for the rest of the owners. I personally think owners don't want to settle.

apparently hes the top dog of all the owners. which is weird, since you wouldnt have guessed him in that role.

Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft are the 2nd and 3rd biggest voices among the owners, but Richardson is like their ring leader.

aren't the panthers a relatively new team? that's weird, unless richardson had some other big role for another franchise before becoming an owner
Originally posted by teeohh:
Not very professional. Maybe he's playing bad cop for the rest of the owners. I personally think owners don't want to settle.

apparently hes the top dog of all the owners. which is weird, since you wouldnt have guessed him in that role.

Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft are the 2nd and 3rd biggest voices among the owners, but Richardson is like their ring leader.

aren't the panthers a relatively new team? that's weird, unless richardson had some other big role for another franchise before becoming an owner

I was wondering the same thing. I too wonder how he became the voice of the owners. I'm guessing it's not his negotiation skills.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

I was wondering the same thing. I too wonder how he became the voice of the owners. I'm guessing it's not his negotiation skills.

ha, sounds like he's willing to be an a*****e, and the owners want their league back. Looks like they found the guy who will talk some nasty s**t and won't back down..

The bigger a*****e always wins, lol but i doubt the players have one like this guy!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 15, 2011 at 22:04:50 ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

ha, sounds like he's willing to be an a*****e, and the owners want their league back. Looks like they found the guy who will talk some nasty s**t and won't back down..

The bigger a*****e always wins, lol but i doubt the players have one like this guy!

They do, DeMaurice Smith.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I can't wait football in 2013

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Paul:
2-14

Haha, exactly. If you were the owner of a 2 and 14 team, would you want a season next year?

Maybe he wants to hold off the league until the Peytons and Brees of the league get too old to compete at elite levels and demolish his team.

He better hope he doesn't play the Colts or Saints next year
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by danimal:
I totally agree with him myself

Really? Totally agree? You think players make enough in 3 years to buy a team? Or that Peyton Manning can't read whatever they were talking about reading?

I think the 3 years thing was an exaggeration to drive home a point, and I do question Peyton Mannings understanding of revenue charts

Players don't make ridiculous amounts of money considering their career span. Certain players make ridiculous amounts of money and this is why most players lose their money long after retirement because most players don't make $10 million a year.
You make 3 million for 4-5 years but will live until 65. That's retirement or out of the league by age 28-33. That's about 40 years of no income. Now consider inflation and that 12-15 million won't be worth crap 40 years from now.

The problem is that players stupidly assume their NFL "career" will set them for life when all it really is is nothing but a 4-10 year stint. These guys put their entire life into this cash when they should have backup plans.

They get more time off than most people yet they still can't find time to learn something or get into something else for the long run?

Do you seriously think average NFL players suffer economic hardships in their life that aren't 10 times better than the average Joe in America? You know why most players are broke 4 years after their careers end? Because they don't know how to manage their money. They're stupid and blow it on cars and diamond rolex watches.

Give me a break, you can take 1 million and invest it so you could be set for life. Most people work their whole life to earn a cumulative total of 1-2 million. So sad that the NFL players are broke later on in life. Should've hired a money manager.
These are the same owners who raise ticket prices after a poor, playoff-less season. Look at the price of concessions. They're not going to get any sympathy from me.

And LOL @ Goodell saying fans want 18 games. Where is he getting this crap from?
Originally posted by niner4life21:

You really think Jed or any owner is siding with the players? Jed wants more income and revenue just like everybody else.
I think the players are hosed here. Things like Twitter, Facebook, and TMZ make it really easy for the owners to justify how careless NFL players can be with their cash by making it public for everyone to see.
Share 49ersWebzone