There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson

Is doing his best to prevent there from being a 2011 season.

Some of his 'highlights':

"He’s going to criticize Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and their intelligence in our meeting Saturday?” Feely said. “And sit there and say dismissively to Manning ‘Do I need to help you read a revenue chart, son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don’t know if you know how to read that?’

Among other things, Richardson became so angry at Sean Morey after the recently retired player cited a slew of statistics on player safety and average career length that the Panthers’ owner snapped, “You guys made so much [expletive] money – if you played three years in the NFL, you should own your own [expletive] team.”

Here's a Richardson quote about the last labor negotiation, "“We signed a [expletive] deal last time and we’re going to stick together and take back our league and [expletive] do something about it,” Richardson said"

With guys like him at the forefront I fear for our 2011 season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-09/nfl-labor-talks/story/panthers-owner-richardson-allegedly-criticizes-intelligence-of-players

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-richardsonnfl021411

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 15, 2011 at 06:27:36 ]
wow

Well that sucks. I hope he is the minority and just has extreme views. What a douche to say it out loud though.
Sounds like a guy who is losing lots of money
Not very professional. Maybe he's playing bad cop for the rest of the owners. I personally think owners don't want to settle.
on ESPN this morning, the owners filed a complaint against the players union for not negotiating at all...supposedly the owners submitted scenarios for each situation. They believe the players are holding out in order to file a complaint against the owners. What a mess. I read it across the small part of ESPN screen as I was running so don't quote me exactly.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
on ESPN this morning, the owners filed a complaint against the players union for not negotiating at all...supposedly the owners submitted scenarios for each situation. They believe the players are holding out in order to file a complaint against the owners. What a mess. I read it across the small part of ESPN screen as I was running so don't quote me exactly.

This is turning into a "who's more wrong" debate. Too bad
This is gonna get real ugly and bad for both sides, but mainly us fans..I think the season is not gonna open as scheduled and there will not be any games until October at the earliest....thats just my gut feelings on this CBA. I got a new fishing and hunting license to ease the pain on sundays....I might even take a Judo class.
All the signs point to no agreement before August, at the earliest. Instead of moving closer together, at least on some issues, they are moving farther apart. Losing the first three games of the league season sounds like a very real scenario.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
2-14
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Not very professional. Maybe he's playing bad cop for the rest of the owners. I personally think owners don't want to settle.

apparently hes the top dog of all the owners. which is weird, since you wouldnt have guessed him in that role.

Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft are the 2nd and 3rd biggest voices among the owners, but Richardson is like their ring leader.
He's still salty over the Delhomme contract.
I totally agree with him myself
Originally posted by Paul:
2-14

Haha, exactly. If you were the owner of a 2 and 14 team, would you want a season next year?
Originally posted by danimal:
I totally agree with him myself

Really? Totally agree? You think players make enough in 3 years to buy a team? Or that Peyton Manning can't read whatever they were talking about reading?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Paul:
2-14

Haha, exactly. If you were the owner of a 2 and 14 team, would you want a season next year?

Maybe he wants to hold off the league until the Peytons and Brees of the league get too old to compete at elite levels and demolish his team.