LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

Colt Brennan: Could we develop him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I always felt he was better than Matt Ryan in that draft which he proved that pre-season, but Ryan got to grow with exp. while Zorn made this guy rot on the bench. The Zorn situation was a mess which is why he got fired.

QB's are supposed to make reads and throws and that's what Colt can do. It's stupid how they can say:

- He's a system QB when Bradford, Flacco, and McCoy came from the spread. Didn't hear that about them huh?

- he was poor in the Sugar Bowl. Name one QB that can do well against a 8-7 man coverage and 2 seconds to throw?

- he's from the WAC when he lit up Boise, Purdue, ASU, and Oregon State in his Jr. year. Tell me who Flacco did well against in the FCS?

- he has a weird release. Funny that doesn't apply to Romo when in every offseason the media favors the Cowboys huh?

Let's go Harbaugh, pick this guy up and develop him. I'm not saying to start him this year. He could be a backup plan in case the draft pick stinks it up this year.
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in but I wouldn't make him our only option. We need more than that kind of shot in the dark
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in but I wouldn't make him our only option. We need more than that kind of shot in the dark

If he's healthy, he would at most make a decent player to compete with a late round rookie for the #3 or PS position. But he was in a serious car accident in November 2010.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

If he's healthy, he would at most make a decent player to compete with a late round rookie for the #3 or PS position. But he was in a serious car accident in November 2010.

It's true, but I read that he's almost at full strength and going to train for the NFL.
I really doubt Harbaugh or any other QB guru could make Colt Brennan the equal of Matt Ryan, however it wouldn't hurt to have him in for a look-see.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
I always felt he was better than Matt Ryan in that draft which he proved that pre-season, but Ryan got to grow with exp. while Zorn made this guy rot on the bench. The Zorn situation was a mess which is why he got fired.

QB's are supposed to make reads and throws and that's what Colt can do. It's stupid how they can say:

- He's a system QB when Bradford, Flacco, and McCoy came from the spread. Didn't hear that about them huh?

- he was poor in the Sugar Bowl. Name one QB that can do well against a 8-7 man coverage and 2 seconds to throw?

- he's from the WAC when he lit up Boise, Purdue, ASU, and Oregon State in his Jr. year. Tell me who Flacco did well against in the FCS?

- he has a weird release. Funny that doesn't apply to Romo when in every offseason the media favors the Cowboys huh?

Let's go Harbaugh, pick this guy up and develop him. I'm not saying to start him this year. He could be a backup plan in case the draft pick stinks it up this year.

Lol wut?

Bradford and Flacco are huge QBs with big arms. Brennan is neither. Can Brennan make all the throws? Seems like every NFL team agreed he can't, as they all let him fall to Round 6.

By the way there's no such thing as WAC bias. D. Carr was from the WAC and went 1st overall.

I lol'd at when you said Brennan proved he was better than Matt Ryan during some preseason.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I really doubt Harbaugh or any other QB guru could make Colt Brennan the equal of Matt Ryan, however it wouldn't hurt to have him in for a look-see.

Think about it we had Nate Davis on the team with Sing as coach. I wouldn't mind binging in Colt and let Harbaugh work his magic on him as a back up.

Vet
Rookie
Colt

Trash Carr
Colt is small and not really that good...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
No.

He just isn't that good. Next.
Don`t count on Free Agency this year anyways....

Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Don`t count on Free Agency this year anyways....

Brennan is a street free agent. Any team could sign him today if they were interested.
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
No.

He just isn't that good. Next.
LMAO!! brennan better than ryan in the preseason because no one gives a crap during the preseason and no name players who will get cut play when brennan comes in
Maybe not Brennan but I kind of like the shot in the dark approach at quarterback this season.

Who would have thought Jeff Garcia would have been a Pro Bowl quarterback or Rich Gannon.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Colt Brennan talks about career, crash

He did throw in that barefoot league "Field of Legends" football camp thing.

Just thought I'd update people since I know how to use teh Google.

Oh... opinion... if Harbaugh wants him, go get him. Same as every other quarterback available.
Share 49ersWebzone