There are 226 users in the forums

Colt Brennan: Could we develop him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Colt is one of my favorite college QBs.

I think he had good potential but he didn't get the shot he deserved. I wish only the best for him.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I lol'd at when you said Brennan proved he was better than Matt Ryan during some preseason.

Their first preseasons in the league, Colt did better than Ryan. The difference between the 2, the Redskins thought they had a QB in Jason Campbell and the Falcons had nobody. Ryan got the nod to ride on Turner Burner's back that year and got the EXP while Colt rotted on the bench in that Zorn led mess.
Originally posted by TheNef77:

I lol'd at when you said Brennan proved he was better than Matt Ryan during some preseason.

Their first preseasons in the league, Colt did better than Ryan. The difference between the 2, the Redskins thought they had a QB in Jason Campbell and the Falcons had nobody. Ryan got the nod to ride on Turner Burner's back that year and got the EXP while Colt rotted on the bench in that Zorn led mess.

The fact that Brennan is not with a team at the moment, should tell you all you need to know about him.

-9fA
Are you f**king kidding me
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

You telling me you don't want Harbaugh to develop this?

I'm not saying to sign and start him. Develop him. Grab McNabb and keep Colt on the bench.

I'm saying that after looking at the lack of quality in the QB class this draft, why not go with a guy who is deadly accurate? JaMarcus had a big arm but how did that workout? The main thing QB's should do is complete passes which is what this guy could do. Montana didn't have a strong arm but he completed passes play after play. Hell the WCO is mainly short to mid-range passes.

Their first preseasons in the league, Colt did better than Ryan. .

No, he didnt. Ryan played against starters. Brennan played against guys who are selling pagers at the mall now or playing in the AFL, which is where Colt belongs. With so many teams in need of a QB, theres a reason colt isnt on a roster.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jojomellon:

No, he didnt. Ryan played against starters. Brennan played against guys who are selling pagers at the mall now or playing in the AFL, which is where Colt belongs. With so many teams in need of a QB, theres a reason colt isnt on a roster.

Because he was just in a big accident, pretty much life threatening. After 3 months, hes still rehabbing. Funny thing is, right before the crash he was supposed to go back to Oakland.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Because he was just in a big accident, pretty much life threatening. After 3 months, hes still rehabbing. Funny thing is, right before the crash he was supposed to go back to Oakland.
No he wasnt, he wouldnt have made that team. He was 5th on the depth chart behind such superstars as Kyle Boller and Charlie Frye.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No he wasnt, he wouldnt have made that team. He was 5th on the depth chart behind such superstars as Kyle Boller and Charlie Frye.

How can you say no he wasn't when I saw it on the news just days ago.

BTW Brennan was a late camp addition that never had a real shot of earning a roster spot.

Seriously jojo you talk of Brennan like he personally insulted you.
Mojojojo

BTW Brennan was a late camp addition that never had a real shot of earning a roster spot.

?Not at all, Im just living in the real world. Not one where padding your stats in the WAC and having a good preseason game = NFL success. Teams are DESPERATE for QB help, this guy cant get a sniff, but hes our savior cus I happened to like watching him chuck the ball around in college. Ok...... Lets sign Timmy Chang and Ty Detmer too. Graham Harrell off of GB's practice squad too!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Well he was cut in September and had the accident in October, so he wasn't good enough to stick with the team before, and if he was going to be resigned it would of been to the practice squad which would make him a fringe NFL player. Defiantly not the type we need to sign here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

?Not at all, Im just living in the real world. Not one where padding your stats in the WAC and having a good preseason game = NFL success. Teams are DESPERATE for QB help, this guy cant get a sniff, but hes our savior cus I happened to like watching him chuck the ball around in college. Ok...... Lets sign Timmy Chang and Ty Detmer too. Graham Harrell off of GB's practice squad too!

Who said anything about savior?? Or anything about padded stats. Brennan whether you like it or not is a very accurate passer, with very good touch on his deep ball. Don't know how that's not reality too.

I know its not saying much, but I have NO DOUBT if pitted against David Carr, he would definitely beat him out. Shoot I have no doubt he'd beat out most of the young back ups in NFL, its about equal opportunity though.

BTW I love the "There's a reason why hes not on a NFL roster" comment, such the easiest thing to say about a player without properly evaluating them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:

Well he was cut in September and had the accident in October, so he wasn't good enough to stick with the team before, and if he was going to be resigned it would of been to the practice squad which would make him a fringe NFL player. Defiantly not the type we need to sign here.

At the time, NFL coaches went with experience instead of potnetial, so yeah, I guess you could say he wasn't good enough. Cause Kyle Boller stunk up the preseason even against 3rd stringers.
he will never be anybody in the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone