There are 199 users in the forums

NFL sued by ticketed fans denied access to SB: Update pg 4

Shop 49ers game tickets
take the 2400, sell the superbowl ticket that should probably fetch a few grand on the open market and call it a day. dallas made fools of themselves, from the s**tty halftimes show, christina aguilara's national anthem and this ridiculous attendance record folly. good for you jerry jones you d******d.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Sh** would never had happend @ Candlestick.

Yeah, cause if that happened Candlestick would've just fell apart (at full attendance).

Sh** would have been like the 2012 movie.
did they ever get to see the game?
How much did they spend on parking?
NEW YORK -- The NFL has added a second option for the roughly 400 fans who had to give up their seats at the Super Bowl: They can choose to attend any future Super Bowl instead of being limited to the 2012 game.

The league initially said Sunday it would give $2,400, three times the face value of the ticket, to the fans who were forced to watch the game on monitors or use standing-room platforms after some temporary seating sections were not completed in time.

On Monday, Commissioner Roger Goodell said those fans also would receive tickets to next year's Super Bowl.

Then on Tuesday, the NFL announced the fans could choose instead to receive a ticket to any future Super Bowl, including next year's, along with round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations. If fans choose that option, they will not get the $2,400. They can wait until after the conference championship games each season to see whether their favorite team reaches the Super Bowl.

"We had more time to think about how to create a broader range of options that would better recognize the deep emotional bond that fans have for their team," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

link
i just heard on the radio that those fans got another offer. They can choose to get a future super bowl game with paid airfare and accomodations, but no longer will get the refund.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
NEW YORK -- The NFL has added a second option for the roughly 400 fans who had to give up their seats at the Super Bowl: They can choose to attend any future Super Bowl instead of being limited to the 2012 game.

The league initially said Sunday it would give $2,400, three times the face value of the ticket, to the fans who were forced to watch the game on monitors or use standing-room platforms after some temporary seating sections were not completed in time.

On Monday, Commissioner Roger Goodell said those fans also would receive tickets to next year's Super Bowl.

Then on Tuesday, the NFL announced the fans could choose instead to receive a ticket to any future Super Bowl, including next year's, along with round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations. If fans choose that option, they will not get the $2,400. They can wait until after the conference championship games each season to see whether their favorite team reaches the Super Bowl.

"We had more time to think about how to create a broader range of options that would better recognize the deep emotional bond that fans have for their team," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

link

That sounds like a really good deal.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

link

That sounds like a really good deal.
Time article

“When I tried to push my seat down, it got hung on a brace behind it that had not been fastened down,” McCarthy says. “I noticed a loose bolt and washer dangling from its hole and missing a nut. Someone walked by and I heard the bolt and washer fall from its perch. Within 15 minutes another fan arrived to his seat, a couple of seats away from our seats, and he kicked another loose bolt. I was like, ‘is this safe?'”

Not trying to say that what the NFL has offered in compensation is unfair, and its possible that a lot of these people are exaggerating, but it seems, from this article, that these people really got the runaround and had a terrible experience, and there's really no excuse for seats not being ready, or overselling the stadium at the Super Bowl. Pretty dumb by the NFL, though I think the compensation they've offered is pretty nice.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Time article

“When I tried to push my seat down, it got hung on a brace behind it that had not been fastened down,” McCarthy says. “I noticed a loose bolt and washer dangling from its hole and missing a nut. Someone walked by and I heard the bolt and washer fall from its perch. Within 15 minutes another fan arrived to his seat, a couple of seats away from our seats, and he kicked another loose bolt. I was like, ‘is this safe?'”

Not trying to say that what the NFL has offered in compensation is unfair, and its possible that a lot of these people are exaggerating, but it seems, from this article, that these people really got the runaround and had a terrible experience, and there's really no excuse for seats not being ready, or overselling the stadium at the Super Bowl. Pretty dumb by the NFL, though I think the compensation they've offered is pretty nice.

I doubt they are exaggerating. The fire marshall wouldn't deem some of these seats unsafe for no real reason. The NFL and Jerry dropped the ball by trying to break some attendance record instead of just putting on a good show. And now they have to pay for it. what the NFL is doing in the aftermath is a good thing but they did drop the ball in a major way. And of course some of the displaced fans will take gettign reimbursed way too far.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by lamontb:
Time article

I doubt they are exaggerating. The fire marshall wouldn't deem some of these seats unsafe for no real reason. The NFL and Jerry dropped the ball by trying to break some attendance record instead of just putting on a good show. And now they have to pay for it. what the NFL is doing in the aftermath is a good thing but they did drop the ball in a major way. And of course some of the displaced fans will take gettign reimbursed way too far.

there's a bunch of articles on what happened and I posted it on the other page

Original contractor who was hired to build the stand ran out of parts and walked off the job

By the time they found someone else to try and finish it was too late half the stands had no guard rails which is what the fire marshal had the most problem with (falling hazard)
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Time article

Original contractor who was hired to build the stand ran out of parts and walked off the job

By the time they found someone else to try and finish it was too late half the stands had no guard rails which is what the fire marshal had the most problem with (falling hazard)

yeah, its pretty lame. just seems like a poorly planned, greedy move. if i were a diehard Steelers or Packers fan that had saved up a bunch of money to make a trip out there for a possibly once-in-a-lifetime experience I'd be really f**king pissed.
Time article

yeah, its pretty lame. just seems like a poorly planned, greedy move. if i were a diehard Steelers or Packers fan that had saved up a bunch of money to make a trip out there for a possibly once-in-a-lifetime experience I'd be really f**king pissed.

Maybe if you're a Steeler fan it would be a blessing in disguise? It would by quite a let down to travel all the way only to see your team lose the big game in person. I feel more for the Packers fans.

-9fA
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Time article

Maybe if you're a Steeler fan it would be a blessing in disguise? It would by quite a let down to travel all the way only to see your team lose the big game in person. I feel more for the Packers fans.

-9fA

? it's not like they were thrown out of the stadium
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Time article

-9fA

haha, good point.
Share 49ersWebzone