LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

Eagles mulling offers for Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RekeHavoc:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073930

Looks like Kolb is on the market. Now the question is what would you be willing to give up for Kolb?

I would give up a 2nd and a late round pick.

This is how I look at it. We are probably going to draft a QB in round two anyway. And Kolb > than Ponder, Stanzi, Dalton ect. right now, and has the same potential (if not more) in the long run. No brainer.
nothing more than a 4th rounder. how many times are the eagles going to fleece idiot teams out of draft picks for their system qb's?

feely, mcnabb, now kolb? our team better not give them anything more than a 4th or the eagles will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
nothing more than a 4th rounder. how many times are the eagles going to fleece idiot teams out of draft picks for their system qb's?

feely, mcnabb, now kolb? our team better not give them anything more than a 4th or the eagles will be laughing all the way to the bank.

this, they should have traded him last season but everyone called their bluff now i hope they don't get squat for him.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

I hope we don't make any effort to trade for Kolb at all! Keep our draft picks, we need them.
Wasn't really all the impressed with him. Whats his career qb rating?
  • dj43
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

76 this past season. 73 over three years. Not very good for a guy playing in one of the best systems in the league with a pretty good load of talent.

Philly is shooting for the moon with this guy hoping that some QB desperate team will jump up and give them a #1. I doubt they will trade him at all. Vick is injury prone due to his playing style.
Kolb has 4 years of experience and bench-time under Reid's old-school WCO hybrid. -Kevin would be the only prospect QB on the market that would be 10 steps ahead of our entire offense from day one (which is important for a QB and the system he enters).

Kevin Kolb = The next Matt Hasselbeck (if transplanted into another WCO).
I'd give our first round for him... Please do it!!!

our first round in 2069
THis guy has done nothing to warrant the compensation the Eagles want for him.

Originally posted by backontop:
I hope we don't make any effort to trade for Kolb at all! Keep our draft picks, we need them.

If you think about it trading for Kolb doesn't really cost us a draft pick because we won't be drafting a QB. It's a matter of do you want to draft a QB with the 2nd round pick or do you want Kolb to be that 2nd round pick, essentially.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Kolb has 4 years of experience and bench-time under Reid's old-school WCO hybrid. -Kevin would be the only prospect QB on the market that would be 10 steps ahead of our entire offense from day one (which is important for a QB and the system he enters).

Kevin Kolb = The next Matt Hasselbeck (if transplanted into another WCO).

Is this a good thing or a bad thing
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

76 this past season. 73 over three years. Not very good for a guy playing in one of the best systems in the league with a pretty good load of talent.

Philly is shooting for the moon with this guy hoping that some QB desperate team will jump up and give them a #1. I doubt they will trade him at all. Vick is injury prone due to his playing style.

If they don't trade him he will walk next year and the Eagles will get nothing.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
All this talk of trade must mean CBA agreement coming to a close.

(Of course I'm just guessing)

That's a good point. Are they currently allowed to trade players for draft picks without the CBA? Not sure they would allow that b/c teams would use that as a loophole.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
All this talk of trade must mean CBA agreement coming to a close.

(Of course I'm just guessing)

That's a good point. Are they currently allowed to trade players for draft picks without the CBA? Not sure they would allow that b/c teams would use that as a loophole.

No, can't trade current players for picks in this draft, which is why it's highly unlikely he is traded. I would be surprised if they do it post CBA for next year's picks w/o knowing where those picks will be.
Share 49ersWebzone