49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 364 users in the forums

Official Super Bowl XLV thread Packers vs. Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Paul:
Rodgers didn't play that lights out against the Bears and I'm thinking with 2 weeks off he will be even worse against the Steelers. I'm thinking a close game, but honestly I really think Pittsburgh will pull away at the end. Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL today, better than McCarthy and I think that shows SB sunday

Perhaps, but McCarthy went into New England with a backup QB and almost beat the Pats. He's a pretty damn good coach too.

I'm interested to see Tomlin without his all-star DC, which may happen sooner rather than later.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by danimal:
Packers deserve to represent the NFC. Niners had first dibbs on Rodgers and McCarthy but it was Green Bay who proved a much more intelligently led franchise.

this is just icing on the kick for the Packers kicking out butts for the last 20 years. ..........




and by that, i mean i hope that curse is over after this.

I was exasperated when the upstart Packers knocked us out of the playoffs that first time....but if you would have told me than that this was the beginning of 20 yrs of Packers OWNING the 49ers in every aspect I would have stabbed you in the eye with a fork.

Favre the immortal was not enough......nope they had to OWN us again in 2005 and 2006 too.

I will admit I did not want to draft Rodgers or Alex(though I liked Rodgers a bit more).....but once he fell to Green Bay....I knew right then and there that Favre to Rodgers would rival Montana to Young when all is said and done
Question...Has the Steelers ever lost in a Superbowl??
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by verb1der:
Question...Has the Steelers ever lost in a Superbowl??

Yes, against the Cowboys. Aikman vs Neil O'Donnell
Originally posted by verb1der:
Question...Has the Steelers ever lost in a Superbowl??

yes, The Cowboys beat them in 95 I want to say.
Oh ok right on, I thought they were undefeated in Superbowl appearances. I'm rooting for the Packers for the simple fact that I don't want Pittsburgh to get the 7th.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by danimal:
Packers deserve to represent the NFC. Niners had first dibbs on Rodgers and McCarthy but it was Green Bay who proved a much more intelligently led franchise.

this is just icing on the kick for the Packers kicking out butts for the last 20 years. ..........




and by that, i mean i hope that curse is over after this.

I was exasperated when the upstart Packers knocked us out of the playoffs that first time....but if you would have told me than that this was the beginning of 20 yrs of Packers OWNING the 49ers in every aspect I would have stabbed you in the eye with a fork.

Favre the immortal was not enough......nope they had to OWN us again in 2005 and 2006 too.

I will admit I did not want to draft Rodgers or Alex(though I liked Rodgers a bit more).....but once he fell to Green Bay....I knew right then and there that Favre to Rodgers would rival Montana to Young when all is said and done

what's worse is he left school early because he WANTED to play for the niners.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Question...Has the Steelers ever lost in a Superbowl??

yes, The Cowboys beat them in 95 I want to say.

January 96 to be precise. Neil O'Donnell handed the Cowgirls that game. I was pissed at the time because I hate Dallas more but glad now that Pitt isnt 7-0.
Packers ftw... i hate the steelers.
This is such a crappy superbowl for niner fans. This is as bad as the Steelers v Cowboys in 95.

With that said, I am rooting for the Packers on Superbowl Sunday, simply because I hate the Steelers. I am just so pissed how everything has turned out.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Question...Has the Steelers ever lost in a Superbowl??

yes, The Cowboys beat them in 95 I want to say.

January 96 to be precise. Neil O'Donnell handed the Cowgirls that game. I was pissed at the time because I hate Dallas more but glad now that Pitt isnt 7-0.

yeah these choices f**king suck. I probably hate the Cowboys, Steelers and Packers equally, but the hate changes any given year depending on how many they have now.

Packers having the least should mean I would prefer them, but Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy kind of f**k that up for me.....but I don't want Rapist burger either.
Dammit, had a dream last night the Steelers won.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Dammit, had a dream last night the Steelers won.

I had a dream last night that a girl i had a crush on in high school told me my wife was cheating on me
i sure hope steelers are still getting the 3 points by 2/6.
my money is going on the steelers.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Dammit, had a dream last night the Steelers won.

I had a dream last night that a girl i had a crush on in high school told me my wife was cheating on me

Damn. Well I'm sure Freud would've said the ex represents the Packers and your wife represents Ben Roethlisberger.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone