LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Official Super Bowl XLV thread Packers vs. Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Early line.... Green Bay - 2.5. Surprised Pitt isnt favored but still like the Packers.
Let's go Packers! Need to get Rodgers a real championship belt.
Go packers, Big Ben needs to taste defeat and the steelers surely dont need a 7th.Im hoping we can be playing catch up soon on number 6. I liked Rodgers all through college and wanted him to come to SF just like most so i don't mind rooting for him when the Niners are nowhere in sight.
Diyral Briggs in the Super Bowl! Think he's glad he jumped the good ship Dingletary now?
"IF" we ever rise out of the grave.... We will be battling the F...in Packers again year after year... I don't want to see Pitt win another one. The last 2 were given to them.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
"IF" we ever rise out of the grave.... We will be battling the F...in Packers again year after year... I don't want to see Pitt win another one. The last 2 were given to them.

the Packers are good but ATl and the Saints will be there every year too.
Hilton posts green bay -2 and a total of 45 for super bowl

http://twitter.com/#!/chadmillman/status/29371150391840768
can't believe you dudes i wont ever pull for the pack again until they stop running our offense. i hate the fact that mike holmgren took our system over there i hate brett favre for saying wco was not the niners but the pack's and i hate gb for running wco til this day i hate em for taking mccarthy and i hate em for runnin our system with a lifelong niner fan in aaron rodgers a kid that grew up learnin how to run the offense from our qbs. damn i hate the pack almost as much as the cowboys. i can respect the steelers because they play to their identity not ours not bears not cowboys they play to the steeler id. that is why i am pulling for them because they havent changed their concept of football much since the 70s still got that big back from franco harris to bus to mendenhall still got that under the radar qb that makes just enough plays at the right times from bradshaw to ben and they still winning ugly to this day. they are the steelers yesterday, today, and tomorrow. just like we are now seemingly getting back to our id the wco and hard hitting aggressive defense. your fan base will support u more fervently when u play to your id which is why nolan and sing were an epic fail. they were the antithesis of the niners. u tell me what is green bay's historic identity and contrast that to today's niner replica. they suck and i know this is a copycat league but damn tweak something in it to make it your own just don't copy everything and neglect to put that BW on your jersey instead of that dead players number. those dudes need to have a bill walsh bronze statue erected out front of their stadium. i would rather see a real team wit a real identity win the chip not the niner replica pack
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
can't believe you dudes i wont ever pull for the pack again until they stop running our offense. i hate the fact that mike holmgren took our system over there i hate brett favre for saying wco was not the niners but the pack's and i hate gb for running wco til this day i hate em for taking mccarthy and i hate em for runnin our system with a lifelong niner fan in aaron rodgers a kid that grew up learnin how to run the offense from our qbs. damn i hate the pack almost as much as the cowboys. i can respect the steelers because they play to their identity not ours not bears not cowboys they play to the steeler id. that is why i am pulling for them because they havent changed their concept of football much since the 70s still got that big back from franco harris to bus to mendenhall still got that under the radar qb that makes just enough plays at the right times from bradshaw to ben and they still winning ugly to this day. they are the steelers yesterday, today, and tomorrow. just like we are now seemingly getting back to our id the wco and hard hitting aggressive defense. your fan base will support u more fervently when u play to your id which is why nolan and sing were an epic fail. they were the antithesis of the niners. u tell me what is green bay's historic identity and contrast that to today's niner replica. they suck and i know this is a copycat league but damn tweak something in it to make it your own just don't copy everything and neglect to put that BW on your jersey instead of that dead players number. those dudes need to have a bill walsh bronze statue erected out front of their stadium. i would rather see a real team wit a real identity win the chip not the niner replica pack

lol. wut?

roll on you bears!

Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol. wut?

man i hating on the pack wit everything i got plus i dont want them gettin confidence of a super bowl win then having to see em every yr if the playoffs especially running our sh$t

lol. wut?

man i hating on the pack wit everything i got plus i dont want them gettin confidence of a super bowl win then having to see em every yr if the playoffs especially running our sh$t

seems reasonable.

Although I'm going for the Packers b/c of ARod and this was hard to read, I can understand your point of view. You've given your hatred toward the Pack a lot of thought. I used to feel the same way. It's just that my hatred toward them became dormant when Farve left and I don't want Pitt winning #7.

lol. wut?

seems reasonable.

Slightly.

lol. wut?

seems reasonable.

Share 49ersWebzone