There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Modified Overtime Rules for the Playoffs

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i thought in the rules both teams get the ball no matter what? I didn't know that if one team scores first, then the game is over. That's kinda lame and defeats the purpose IMO.

The point is to stop teams from cheesing it by getting a FG to win immediately. If you score a TD, or if the D makes a play, it should be over IMO.
lmao so much for that test
I think these rules are a step in the right direction....not sure why they only work for the playoffs though.

Yeah, and too bad about it totally not mattering for the Donkey Steeler game.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think these rules are a step in the right direction....not sure why they only work for the playoffs though.

I think the NFL wants to see how they work in the post season before moving them to the regular season.

However, if teams are just going to end the game on one play, who knows.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by kray28:

I think the NFL wants to see how they work in the post season before moving them to the regular season.

However, if teams are just going to end the game on one play, who knows.

You would think they would rather test them during the regular season
It took longer for the ref to try to explain how the new rules would work then for overtime to actually occur.
I got to admit, I did not like this rule change. But s**t, if you can convince the 2011 Denver Broncos not to play small ball.....there really is no stronger endorsement than that.

I think I am going to like this new rule afterall
a*****e Tebow ruined it I was excited to see the over time rules.
Originally posted by susweel:
a*****e Tebow ruined it I was excited to see the over time rules.

I'm not lol. I freaking hate people whining about overtime rule changes. The point of the game should never, ever be to get to overtime. This is why I don't understand the urgency for the Brett Favre rule change. If you played just barely well enough to push the game into overtime...then yeah, you kind of deserve to have your fate put into a coin toss at that point. IF YOU WANNA WIN THE GAME, WIN IT BEFORE TIME EXPIRES lol. The penalty for that? Coin toss. And goood luck!
[ Edited by zillabeast on Jan 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM ]