LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

trade or go after Vince Young

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by Surly-Z:

I think he's worth it, we wouldn't have to develop him like a draft pick, we wouldn't have to invest millions in an unproven commodity, nor is he washed up like McNabb and Palmer. Just a young guy, bit of a headcase, but he's been good on-the-field....isn't Jim Harbaugh supposed to be good at developing athletic quarterbacks?
He is more that "a bit of a headcase."

Jeff Fisher is well known for having a good relationship with his players. Even Fat Albert has said it was a mistake for him to leave Fisher and take Dan Snyder's money. He wants back with Fisher. So if Young can't get along with Fisher, I don't want to risk him here. His issues are no small ones.

Also, Bo Scaife, starting TE for the Titans, played with Young at Texas as well. He made a statement today that basically said the Young had issues at Texas and it was time for the team to move on without Young.

So if Young problems go back as far as college, you likely aren't going to fix them.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Vince young = EPIC FAIL. Go after Kolb or Orton that way we can draft a DB or DE in draft :)

12-6 as a starter. 8-2 last season after the Titans started 0-6 before putting Young in. Yeah, guess if you want to call that Epic Fail...
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Vince young = EPIC FAIL. Go after Kolb or Orton that way we can draft a DB or DE in draft :)

12-6 as a starter. 8-2 last season after the Titans started 0-6 before putting Young in. Yeah, guess if you want to call that Epic Fail...

what was his record this year? I seem to remember him being benched.
Originally posted by backontop:

we all know that young wants out of the titans/ he needs a fresh new start/ i'm hoping he can be a vick
Originally posted by killajay209:

we all know that young wants out of the titans/ he needs a fresh new start/ i'm hoping he can be a vick

yeaa keep on hoping

He was 4-4 as a starter this year. He was benched in one game (in which Collins played just as bad) and left 2 others with injury. The bottom line on Vince Young is that he never fit in Tennessee. Jeff Fisher and their OC never wanted him, they wanted Leinart. They were unable or unwilling to modify the offense to take advantage of what Young does best. People forget because of how good he turned out, but it was the same with Steve McNair early on.

Does anyone think Randy Moss sucks? Has he lost it and needs to retire? Have you seen his stats this season??? Well Fisher never wanted him either! They had a chance to draft him, but chose Kevin Dyson in said - pointing to Moss' attitude problem as the reason they passed. The Titans couldn't even design a deep route for Moss! The Titans had the players to be a TOP 5 offense - and the only reason they weren't is because Fisher is still stuck in 1985, just like Singletary.
I get nauseous even thinking about Vince Young playing for the 9ers.
Share 49ersWebzone