There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many times has College head coaching success translated into Pro Success

The only person I can think of in recent memory is Jimmy Johnson. I think Harbaugh is a great college coach but besides Jimmy Johnson what other successful college coach has even got to the superbowl?
Some guy named Bill Walsh I think.
what about doing some research and tell us the answers? start with the search function
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

He was an assistant not a head coach till after the 9ers
Almost never
Originally posted by communist:
what about doing some research and tell us the answers? start with the search function

Johnson, Coughlin (after being a assistant for many years for the Parcells Giants) and Switzer. That's it. Again Harbaugh is a great college coach but most Super Bowl coaches are in the Pros before they get their jobs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
College Coaches Rarely Succeed in nfl

That Lombardi guy but I hear he was nothing special. Seriously, FAIL!
Originally posted by bracus:
That Lombardi guy but I hear he was nothing special. Seriously, FAIL!

Lombardi never a head coach in college was the running back coach at west point for four years. After that was the offensive coordinator for the New York Giants. Once again a Pro Coordinator before a Pro Head Coach. So where exactly did I fail ?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Who coached at Stanford.

Get it...?
It's been said multiple times in multiple threads.

Harbaugh is an interesting commodity because his work in Stanford could potentially translate better to the NFL. He runs a pro-style offense and had a football program that lacks the recruiting abilities of other big-name schools like USC or Texas.
Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Don Coryell, Dick Vermiel, John Robinson, Tom Coughlin, Bill Walsh, J.Johnson, Bobby Ross and even Switzer on a loaded Cowgirl team.

[ Edited by jimrat201 on Jan 6, 2011 at 01:37:36 ]
pete carroll is in the playoffs. just sayin'