LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jonathan Jones @jjones9

RT @theobserver: Panthers quarterback Cam Newton injured in uptown car wreck

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/09/5373373/accident-blocks-church-street.html#.VIc4TTHF8Xx
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jonathan Jones @jjones9

Cam Newton on a stretcher. Just loaded in ambulance

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jonathan Jones @jjones9

Cam Newton's car overturned just above I 277

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jonathan Jones @jjones9

Other car involved in Cam Newton accident

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jonathan Jones @jjones9

Tow truck just turned over Newton's vehicle

• Jcool
  • Veteran
WBTV News ‏@WBTV_News

#BREAKING RT @SteveCrumpWBTV: CMPD source says no injuries to Cam Newton.He didn't want to be transported. Taken to hospital as precaution.
Dude got paid and fat. The only time he works out is in those high paid commercials.

Straight ass.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The going rate for an NFL starting QB.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Cam Newton's new 5-year, $103.8 million deal also includes $60 million guaranteed, per source.
/Yea Cam just got that check. Wilson and Luck up next.

• NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Pay day.
The media just loves this guy and his gaudy, impressive career 85.4 QB rating, his incredible 30-31-1 record and his unbelievable 59% completion rate.

$60 mil guaranteed? Worth it!
Originally posted by crake49:
The media just loves this guy and his gaudy, impressive career 85.4 QB rating, his incredible 30-31-1 record and his unbelievable 59% completion rate.

it is worth it when u consider the lack of good qbs out there. there arent 32 starting qbs that are good enough in the world. so when you get one who is good you have to pay them. you cant really use the template for other positions that you do for qbs.
Originally posted by crabman82:

it is worth it when u consider the lack of good qbs out there. there arent 32 starting qbs that are good enough in the world. so when you get one who is good you have to pay them. you cant really use the template for other positions that you do for qbs.

I agree with that, but $60 mil in guaranteed money is what an elite QB gets. I'm just saying the media has already decided this guy is an elite QB and his numbers aren't as good as Kaepernick's. Some people around here were pretending Kaepernick didn't deserve his much more team-friendly deal, but I don't see the same people saying squat about Newton's deal.
Originally posted by crabman82:

I agree with that, but $60 mil in guaranteed money is what an elite QB gets. I'm just saying the media has already decided this guy is an elite QB and his numbers aren't as good as Kaepernick's. Some people around here were pretending Kaepernick didn't deserve his much more team-friendly deal, but I don't see the same people saying squat about Newton's deal.

its a fluid situation. what elite qbs get in guaranteed money always rises. cam newtons second pro contract will be bigger than rodgers or brady's was. just like the next great young qbs will get more on thier second contract than the guys like wilson, luck and newton get.
Share 49ersWebzone