There are 290 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If we get Harbaugh, I'm completely and totally onboard. IMO, as a former QB himself and recent college head coach, he has the best chance of relating to Cam and turning all of Newton's off-the-charts athleticism into a polished, top-rated NFL quarterback.

The possibilities are awe-inspiring! I'm happy you're on board Ghost, I owe you the credit to turning me on to Cam Newton earlier in the year Cheers !
If we get Harbaugh, I'm completely and totally onboard. IMO, as a former QB himself and recent college head coach, he has the best chance of relating to Cam and turning all of Newton's off-the-charts athleticism into a polished, top-rated NFL quarterback.

I also think Jackson would be a good guy to keep around. I feel like he could be another guy Newton could connect to. Of course it would all be Harbaugh's choice but I would hope he would seriously consider keeping him around in some sort of coaching capacity.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

The possibilities are awe-inspiring! I'm happy you're on board Ghost, I owe you the credit to turning me on to Cam Newton earlier in the year Cheers !

It's funny, when I first mentioned him in the QB prospect thread, even I wasn't totally convinced. I thought, "no way can someone be this big, this fast, have this strong of an arm and be this good of a QB." The more you watch, the more you come away with the conclusion that he's LeBron-like in his ability...just a real freak of nature in every aspect. Whether that translates into quality NFL play, that remains to be seen...but man, he's amazing to watch.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

It's funny, when I first mentioned him in the QB prospect thread, even I wasn't totally convinced. I thought, "no way can someone be this big, this fast, have this strong of an arm and be this good of a QB." The more you watch, the more you come away with the conclusion that he's LeBron-like in his ability...just a real freak of nature in every aspect. Whether that translates into quality NFL play, that remains to be seen...but man, he's amazing to watch.

Amen to that.
Harbaugh and Cam Newton would be insane.
how does cam newton compare to Michael Vick?

as far as passing accuracy, ability to run---i saw he ran for over 1400 yards and had 48 TD's.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

as far as passing accuracy, ability to run---i saw he ran for over 1400 yards and had 48 TD's.

i put up a lot of his stats in the gabbert thread when i pwned sandiego. he threw for like 2400+ ran for 1400, threw 28 tds and ran for 20, has a 67.1 completion percentage, THRIVES under pressure. he plays even better when defenders are coming after him. when s**t breaks down he makes stuff happen. Cam should be the pick. at 250 6'6" with that ability to run hes a freak of nature. put him in a WCO and he'll light it up. hes accurate, can scramble, has that put it all on my back mentality that the great qbs have and he has a rocket arm on top of all that.

Besides the color of his skin not really all that much. Vick is a shorter, more slender and extremely fast QB. Newton is built like Ben Roethlesberger and although he is very fast, they have different running styles. To use an analogy: Newton runs more like Adrian Peterson while Vick (in his prime anyways) runs like Chris Johnson. Neither QB's are as good as those two obviously, I was merely using this to prove a point about their running styles.

As for passing, accuracy and the like it's very hard to tell because Vick is a polished NFL QB while Newton is still a raw college kid. Suffice to say they both had big time arms coming out of college.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jan 5, 2011 at 00:35:06 ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Besides the color of his skin not really all that much. Vick is a shorter, more slender and extremely fast QB. Newton is built like Ben Roethlesberger and although he is very fast, they have different running styles. To use an analogy: Newton runs more like Adrian Peterson while Vick (in his prime anyways) runs like Chris Johnson. Neither QB's are as good as those two obviously, I was merely using this to prove a point about their running styles.

As for passing, accuracy and the like it's very hard to tell because Vick is a polished NFL QB while Newton is still a raw college kid. Suffice to say they both had big time passing arms coming out of college.

thanks Honda and AlltimeGreat for the info---I will certainly be watching Cam Newton play next week!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

As for passing, accuracy and the like it's very hard to tell because Vick is a polished NFL QB while Newton is still a raw college kid. Suffice to say they both had big time passing arms coming out of college.

thanks Honda and AlltimeGreat for the info---I will certainly be watching Cam Newton play next week!

No problem man! That game is going to be intense. A shootout for sure.

I have never seen Cam newton play--so I can't say---but I would trust Harbaugh-Baalke to make the correct choice on a QB.

...thats ok, just make sure you get your ready
I need to look at the film
College stud.

Pro Fail.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
College stud.

Pro Fail.

how? 6'6 250, fast as is, but deceptively fast for his size, great arm, pretty good accuracy, play maker, fierce competitor, can work well in or out of the pocket and if we hire Harbaugh, will have one of the best coaches a QB can have. Explain why he is a "fail" at something he hasn't had a chance at yet?
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
College stud.

Pro Fail.

how? 6'6 250, fast as is, but deceptively fast for his size, great arm, pretty good accuracy, play maker, fierce competitor, can work well in or out of the pocket and if we hire Harbaugh, will have one of the best coaches a QB can have. Explain why he is a "fail" at something he hasn't had a chance at yet?

He's Vince Young #2 but 1 inch taller. We've seen what that turns out to be. Nothing special...
Share 49ersWebzone