There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Niners99:
How many times has a QB with shady off the field issues came in to the NFL and led their team as a franchise guy.

guys like Newton just dont become Super Bowl winning franchise guys. i dont like having any of that questionable past type stuff. he jumped around schools, got accused for his family taking brides...ehhhh.....stay away. dont lean on this guy to be your future.

if i was Harbaugh, id try and get someone i knew would put me in the best situation to be successful in the NFL. whether thats waiting and trading down to get Luck, or something else. Harbaugh would be foolish to marry Cam Newton as his NFL bride. whoever Harbaugh chooses will be tied with him for the rest of his tenure with the Niners. pick wisely. we all know he wants Luck next year. i think hes probably leaning Alex Smith for 2011, and then trying to get Luck next april.

Dan Marino

John Elway and Eli Manning can be seen as using questionable judgment refusing to sign with certain teams and forcing trades before they had done anything in the pros.
Both have superbowl rings, guess they were right... how many times have the chargers with rivers gotten to the superbowl and won...
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Niners99:
How many times has a QB with shady off the field issues came in to the NFL and led their team as a franchise guy.

guys like Newton just dont become Super Bowl winning franchise guys. i dont like having any of that questionable past type stuff. he jumped around schools, got accused for his family taking brides...ehhhh.....stay away. dont lean on this guy to be your future.

if i was Harbaugh, id try and get someone i knew would put me in the best situation to be successful in the NFL. whether thats waiting and trading down to get Luck, or something else. Harbaugh would be foolish to marry Cam Newton as his NFL bride. whoever Harbaugh chooses will be tied with him for the rest of his tenure with the Niners. pick wisely. we all know he wants Luck next year. i think hes probably leaning Alex Smith for 2011, and then trying to get Luck next april.

Dan Marino

John Elway and Eli Manning can be seen as using questionable judgment refusing to sign with certain teams and forcing trades before they had done anything in the pros.
Both have superbowl rings, guess they were right... how many times have the chargers with rivers gotten to the superbowl and won...

Elway and Manning didnt have shady backgrounds. they just acted like babies on draft day.
Very smart babies

Still don't people try to compare any of them to Cam. Cam is not Marino, Elway or Manning.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,504
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.
Originally posted by buck:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,176
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by buck:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.

Not even close to the size and speed of Newton.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by buck:
I am no expert on quarterbacks, but my guess is that Cam Newton will at least be a top 10 pick, and could easily go in the top 5.

The only thing that can stop him at this point is a major blunder of attitude or maybe his father dad will blow it for him.

Good for him. I still think he's got all the problems alex did when we drafted him, minus the big brain. Alex had the size, the arm and the feet and came from a spread system. Only difference is alex wasn't a bad kid and has small hands. Really i think he's to risky for us. But i think we have a much better offensive mind to groom someone, FINALLY! lol Either way, i much rather wait and just take locker if we want a project player. With a top 7 pick and in a weak division we need to take either prince, or miller or peterson, someone who could start sooner and with less risk to get us over the hump and into the playoffs sooner.

Not even close to the size and speed of Newton.

Ok 2 inch's taller and 30 pounds heavier then alex. I never said speed. i said feet. Acutally what was alex's 40 time i doubt cam will match it. I think alex was just a half second faster then rodgers... either way he's a big big project was the point, and if we want a project just take locker who should have the fastest 40 time of all qb's!!
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO&id=6123883

Good stuff from both Kiper and McShay on Newton. "Either you like him or you don't" and they both say that he WILL be a top 10 and possibly top 5. The reason? The over value of the QB position for this uncertain year. They say Buffalo, who already has a QB in Fitz, can have Newton sit for a year or two so they have to seriously consider him.

A valid argument can be made for a QB for 9 out of the top 12 teams. The only top two QB candidates are Gabbert and Newton, so far. Because of the supply and demand, their draft position will be so inflated that they will both be top 10 picks.

I'm telling you all we need to land Peterson or Miller or your fav defensive player is for just one of these QBs to be drafted top 5!

C'mon Cam, rock n roll so we can get someone else.
CAM NEWTON at the 7th spot = The Golden Child
Originally posted by 9moon:
CAM NEWTON at the 7th spot = The Golden Child

Nah.

P.P. At the 7th spot
wouldnt be surprised to see him go #1
If he is there at #7 you gotta take him. But I think he goes in the top #3
cam just signed a deal with underarmor for over a mill a yr
A couple guys at the Dolphin forum I frequent wrote this up on Newton for the Sun Sentinel, included with lots of video. It's by far the best writeup I've seen of him so far, i figured I would pass it on to you guys.

link

[ Edited by dillberry on Feb 15, 2011 at 13:33:21 ]
Originally posted by dillberry:
A couple guys at the Dolphin forum I frequent wrote this up on Newton for the Sun Sentinel, included with lots of video. It's by far the best writeup I've seen of him so far, i figured I would pass it on to you guys.

link

Great Find!