LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd rather have him over locker and mallett.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
at some of these people hoping scam will be a 9er, there is possibly no way in hell does baalke and harbaugh take a project like newton 7th. what makes you newton fans think that after the smith debacle that we'll take another project but a dumb 1 this time around coming from another gimmick offense. harbaugh and baalke dont have 2 yrs or possibly more to wait on newton to know the nfl and wco when we can get someone at 7 thats more of a clear picture

Every QB n player drafted is a project. You have to look at the rare & unique abilities when drafting in the top 10. For a QB needy team Newton fits the bill perfectly. More than any other QB we could draft. Look at what Harbaugh did with Josh Johnson. Newton is the heavyweight version of him. Without the Russell man titties. Cannon arm, speed, accuracy, poise, and elite size. The best of all he doesnt make bad throws into coverage. He doesnt make that game ending throw like a Locker,Mallet or Gabbert. Harbaugh is perfectly capable coaching his mechanics and footwork. Its a huge reason he is here and gets 5 mill a year. Once thats done we will have the best QB in the division.

scam is a project that harbaugh wont be working with and im happy about that, im 100% confident he wont be a 9er. but i guess people love to hope he would be a 9er only to see come the end of april he wont be and all this newton talk about hopefully being a 9er can die

If harbaugh wanted a project, he can get one in later rounds and draft an impact starter with #7
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
at some of these people hoping scam will be a 9er, there is possibly no way in hell does baalke and harbaugh take a project like newton 7th. what makes you newton fans think that after the smith debacle that we'll take another project but a dumb 1 this time around coming from another gimmick offense. harbaugh and baalke dont have 2 yrs or possibly more to wait on newton to know the nfl and wco when we can get someone at 7 thats more of a clear picture

Every QB n player drafted is a project. You have to look at the rare & unique abilities when drafting in the top 10. For a QB needy team Newton fits the bill perfectly. More than any other QB we could draft. Look at what Harbaugh did with Josh Johnson. Newton is the heavyweight version of him. Without the Russell man titties. Cannon arm, speed, accuracy, poise, and elite size. The best of all he doesnt make bad throws into coverage. He doesnt make that game ending throw like a Locker,Mallet or Gabbert. Harbaugh is perfectly capable coaching his mechanics and footwork. Its a huge reason he is here and gets 5 mill a year. Once thats done we will have the best QB in the division.

scam is a project that harbaugh wont be working with and im happy about that, im 100% confident he wont be a 9er. but i guess people love to hope he would be a 9er only to see come the end of april he wont be and all this newton talk about hopefully being a 9er can die

If harbaugh wanted a project, he can get one in later rounds and draft an impact starter with #7

exactly, and it wont really hurt you if he ends up sucking unlike taking a potential bust 7th overall
Everyone is a potential bust

Are you following Harbaugh around with a pooper scooper in your hands following Harbaugh everywhere he goes? Do you wipe Harbaugh's ass everytime he goes to take a dump? Your bias and idiotic assumptions are getting old. How do you "know" that he wont? Because the Niners failed with Alex Smith means that we wont NEVER take a QB in the first again? Get real man.

We need a QB. Harbaugh specializes in QBs. Because there wont be FA until after the draft, QB is #1 on our list. Really, do you really want mediocre play from the QB position for the next decade? We cant sit and wait around, and pray that some mediocre FA QB comes in and becomes Jesus re-incarnated. We need a QB, Cam is a potential look. So is Locker, Mallett, and Gabbert, each of them have their own "faults"...there is no doubt in my mind any of them can play in the NFL over time. These 4 will go in the 1st. And all four are much better than the second tier qbs in this draft.

Besides, Peyton Manning was the last sure thing to come in to the NFL from college. And there wont be another like him till Luck comes out next year.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Are you following Harbaugh around with a pooper scooper in your hands following Harbaugh everywhere he goes? Do you wipe Harbaugh's ass everytime he goes to take a dump? Your bias and idiotic assumptions are getting old. How do you "know" that he wont? Because the Niners failed with Alex Smith means that we wont NEVER take a QB in the first again? Get real man.

We need a QB. Harbaugh specializes in QBs. Because there wont be FA until after the draft, QB is #1 on our list. Really, do you really want mediocre play from the QB position for the next decade? We cant sit and wait around, and pray that some mediocre FA QB comes in and becomes Jesus re-incarnated. We need a QB, Cam is a potential look. So is Locker, Mallett, and Gabbert, each of them have their own "faults"...there is no doubt in my mind any of them can play in the NFL over time. These 4 will go in the 1st. And all four are much better than the second tier qbs in this draft.

Besides, Peyton Manning was the last sure thing to come in to the NFL from college. And there wont be another like him till Luck comes out next year.

whatever buddy just dont cry when newton is not a 9er
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

whatever buddy just dont cry when newton is not a 9er

100 bux Fred doesnt even watch college football muchless SEC football. Youre wasting your time with his hating a*****e attitude.
Are there any facts that Cam is a "dumb QB"?
Originally posted by Joecool:

Nope....just hearsay and opinion so far, likely because he's black. He may be dumb as a rock, but I've not read anything that actually confirms that.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Nope....just hearsay and opinion so far, likely because he's black. He may be dumb as a rock, but I've not read anything that actually confirms that.

That's what I thought. Shoot, even if he's as dumb as a rock, he could still be a good QB.

That's what I thought. Shoot, even if he's as dumb as a rock, he could still be a good QB.

Well, it has been alleged that Newton was cheating on tests while at Florida and was about to be expelled and that is why he transferred to Auburn. He can't be too bright if did indeed do that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Source-says-Newton-left-Florida-after-cheating-scandal
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Well, it has been alleged that Newton was cheating on tests while at Florida and was about to be expelled and that is why he transferred to Auburn. He can't be too bright if did indeed do that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Source-says-Newton-left-Florida-after-cheating-scandal

You disagree? Because only geniuses cheat on tests.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Feb 1, 2011 at 14:12:47 ]

I disagree because cheating (as this source alleges) doesn't necessarily mean he has a low I.Q. Bad judgement as a freshman, lack of maturity, sense of entitlement, laziness, feeling overwhelmed by that particular subject, lack of preparation/study for that test, etc., are all possibilities as well.

But you will believe what you want, so there's no point in my replying.

What does cheating on a test have to do with NFL smarts? Look at Terry Bradshaw.
Share 49ersWebzone