LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

KOLB,MCNAB..Patrick Peterson

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diehardfor20yrs:
I really do see us getting 1 of 3 QB's for 2011. McNabb will be released by WAS, and I think he has 2 or 3 good years left in him. If we sign him, we still draft a QB and develop him the right way, eg. Aaron Rogers. If we sign Carson Palmer, and I think he will be released from CIN, the same thing applies; draft a QB and let him sit and learn. IF we sign Kolb, I think we still need a good back up, and I think T.Smith could be a good back up once he has a full training camp, etc. with this offense. McNabb had nothing in WAS this season, his running game fell apart, and his only real weapon was Moss who is like 50 years old. If McNabb had VD, Gore, Crabtree, and even Morgan he would have a much better season. Any way you slice it, we need a new QB in 2011, and we have options. I'm actually excited to see who our new personnel will be.

Cinncy is going to implode this year. Much like us, Palmer is the most constant person in the franchise, they won't dump him unless the owners dream coach says he has to go. TO is out, people are speculating that Ocho wont even be back, Cedric Benson is a FA, so is Jonathan Joseph. There is no way a 26 year old QB with 3 4,000 yard seasons and division championship under his belt gets jettisoned. Andrew Luck is maybe the only thing that can get Palmer out of there and he might not even declare this year. They have more dire needs then a new QB -- a WR like A.J. Green, Justin Blackmon, or Alshon Jeffery would be a big priority. Or even a DE to put better pressure on other QBs.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by diehardfor20yrs:
I really do see us getting 1 of 3 QB's for 2011. McNabb will be released by WAS, and I think he has 2 or 3 good years left in him. If we sign him, we still draft a QB and develop him the right way, eg. Aaron Rogers. If we sign Carson Palmer, and I think he will be released from CIN, the same thing applies; draft a QB and let him sit and learn. IF we sign Kolb, I think we still need a good back up, and I think T.Smith could be a good back up once he has a full training camp, etc. with this offense. McNabb had nothing in WAS this season, his running game fell apart, and his only real weapon was Moss who is like 50 years old. If McNabb had VD, Gore, Crabtree, and even Morgan he would have a much better season. Any way you slice it, we need a new QB in 2011, and we have options. I'm actually excited to see who our new personnel will be.

Cinncy is going to implode this year. Much like us, Palmer is the most constant person in the franchise, they won't dump him unless the owners dream coach says he has to go. TO is out, people are speculating that Ocho wont even be back, Cedric Benson is a FA, so is Jonathan Joseph. There is no way a 26 year old QB with 3 4,000 yard seasons and division championship under his belt gets jettisoned. Andrew Luck is maybe the only thing that can get Palmer out of there and he might not even declare this year. They have more dire needs then a new QB -- a WR like A.J. Green, Justin Blackmon, or Alshon Jeffery would be a big priority. Or even a DE to put better pressure on other QBs.

carson palmer is older than 26 brotha. i hope they cut him loose and we swoop. i like him way better than mcnabb.
Share 49ersWebzone