LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Josh McDaniels HIRED

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by jreff22:
In positive news the whole Rams O will have to adjust to a new system. This and Josh is young and will have another shot at being a HC at some point, I don't expect him to a be a long term guy.

By the time he leaves Bradford will be solidified as a QB.

not necessarily true, anything can happen....I still think Bradford takes a bad hit on that shoulder and has issues
McDaniels made too much sense for St. Louis, now they're definitely going to improve that offense, and help Bradford become a top-10 QB.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
McDaniels made too much sense for St. Louis, now they're definitely going to improve that offense, and help Bradford become a top-10 QB.

Bradford will put up huge numbers for sure. It also completely goes against the conservative approach that they've had on offense recently. I also think that McDaniels will be given a good amount of leeway on offense given Spags mainly defensive background.

I do wonder how this move will impact Jackson though. I'll be picking up the next scrub WR on the Rams.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Bradford will put up huge numbers for sure. It also completely goes against the conservative approach that they've had on offense recently. I also think that McDaniels will be given a good amount of leeway on offense given Spags mainly defensive background.

I do wonder how this move will impact Jackson though. I'll be picking up the next scrub WR on the Rams.

-9fA

I just read an article stating that Spagnulo fired a longtime equipment manager that was well liked. Many within the organization were concerned that Spagnulo micromanages the team. This hire may work, or it may blow up in Spagnulo's face.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I just read an article stating that Spagnulo fired a longtime equipment manager that was well liked. Many within the organization were concerned that Spagnulo micromanages the team. This hire may work, or it may blow up in Spagnulo's face.

I read Spag was a reak jerk to that dude. He was with the team for like over 40 years I believe.
good hire for the rams, and good for the div too, lets get multiple 10+ win teams in this div, lets have fans of other teams say man i dont wanna play the nfc west this year
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Bradford was a perfect fit for the WCO. Glad Spagnuolo screwed that up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
And the OC merry-go-round starts!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And the OC merry-go-round starts!!!!

he gone with the 1st chance at HC job
This doesn't scare me one bit. Bill Belichick does the game planning in New England, and his coordinators just run his play selection. I've yet to see anything that Josh McDaniels has done independent of Belichick that warrants any praise.

Denver's offense under him wasn't even average. This year they finished 20th in total points scored. Last year they finished 19th.

Nothing to write home about.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM ]

• Chief
  • Veteran
Yah and we hired a scrub as our DC.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Good hire for the Rams.
I don't think he will fare that well. He was supposedly calling plays for NE in 2005 and was the OC in 2006 and 2007.

NE:
2001-23.2
2002-23.8
2003-21.8
2004-27.3
2005-23.7 McDaniels began calling plays
2006-24.1
2007-36.8 Randy Moss aquisition
2008-25.6
2009-26.7 Didn't miss McDaniels very much

DEN:
2008-23.1 Shanahan
2009-20.4 McDaniels DEN HC
2010-21.5

Brian Billick did better with Moss and lesser multiple QB's. So far, Bradford doesn't appear to be a down the field QB. He may fit perfect with McDaniels with that horizontal spread game but I think that's now getting defended much better unless you have shifty receivers at every spot.

DEN offense was scoring more under Mike S.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think he will fare that well. He was supposedly calling plays for NE in 2005 and was the OC in 2006 and 2007.

NE:
2001-23.2
2002-23.8
2003-21.8
2004-27.3
2006-24.1
2008-25.6

DEN:
2008-23.1 Shanahan
2010-21.5

Brian Billick did better with Moss and lesser multiple QB's. So far, Bradford doesn't appear to be a down the field QB. He may fit perfect with McDaniels with that horizontal spread game but I think that's now getting defended much better unless you have shifty receivers at every spot.

This. McDaniels is highly overrated and the only reason anyone knows his name is because who he's coached under. He'll flame out in St. Louis and be back to carrying Belichick's dirty sweatshirts in no time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

NE:
2001-23.2
2002-23.8
2003-21.8
2004-27.3
2006-24.1
2008-25.6

DEN:
2008-23.1 Shanahan
2010-21.5

Yeah i agree... this is not a Bill Walsh coordinator, its a Bill Belichick coordinator, they don't do to well outside the Patriots organization (Kansas City is Patriots 2.0)... McDaniel's will be implementing a entirely new offense in the quarterbacks more important year and with a lockout wont have much off season to do it and will be under HUGE pressure to make Bradford an all pro next year.
Share 49ersWebzone