There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SI: Holmgren as 49ers Coach in 2011?

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I personally do not think that Holmgren has the passion to coach again. I also want no part of Gruden. If you think our QB situation is screwed up now, wait 'til Chucky has about 6 or 7 on the roster.

Why all the retreads?

I think our best bet is just up the road (from Santa Clara) in Palo Alto.

As for the WCO, this is no the 80s. Yes it may work in Philly, but when you are faster than any other team anything can look good.

Nnnnnnnnooo.... this no 80s.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Not......gonna.............happen..........
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I see a huge buy-out coming of Mike's contract (a slight settlement possibly of the 50 million in question) by Jed York to the Cleveland Browns. The rumors are getting hotter and hotter (as weeks progress), and as speculated, Singletary is going to have to make the NFC Championship to keep his job. (You can see through Sing's eyes/body language that something is not right, and everybody in the building is whispering Holmgren's name.)

Holmgren's wife also plays a major contribution into the situation, and if his wife is not happy in Cleveland, you bet your ass Holmgren's gonna take a 'local' job.

Jed has also changed his 'beat' regarding money being no option, and that at this point he'd be open to bringing in a "Bill Parcells" type to improve the franchise; if he had to (judging by his last interview on KNBR yesterday evening).

The Yorks have hit rock bottom, and they have to get Holmgren if they want to sell a stadium, and bring more vets like Montana, Brent Jones, and Young back into the building to support the product.

Sounds like you have heard a lot more about this than I have. Do you have a link or anything?
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
WANT!
Originally posted by boast:
WANT!
Originally posted by baltien:
I personally do not think that Holmgren has the passion to coach again. I also want no part of Gruden. If you think our QB situation is screwed up now, wait 'til Chucky has about 6 or 7 on the roster.

Why all the retreads?

As for the WCO, this is no the 80s. Yes it may work in Philly, but when you are faster than any other team anything can look good.

Exactly. I don't get the notion around here that running the WCO is some kind of magical pixie dust.

Mike McCarthy ran the WCO when he was here and how'd that work out?

Personally, I could give a crap about the offensive philosophy being run so long as it WORKS.

LOL

yeah cuz Green Bay's offense is just awful
Lol I thought the title read St. Holmgren as 49ers coach in 2011.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Holmgren + Luck

Holmgren Luck 2011

Holmgren-GM, Harbaugh-HC, Luck-Franchise QB
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by baltien:

Why all the retreads?

Exactly. I don't get the notion around here that running the WCO is some kind of magical pixie dust.

Mike McCarthy ran the WCO when he was here and how'd that work out?

Personally, I could give a crap about the offensive philosophy being run so long as it WORKS.

LOL

yeah cuz Green Bay's offense is just awful

If rumors of Holmgren coming to the 49ers in 2011 are true (see link at bottom), I wouldn't be shocked if he brought Gruden on as Head Coach, with Childress as the Offensive Coordinator. The three are in-sync philosophically, and I expect Childress to OC somewhere for only 1 or 2 years before getting a HC job again.

Now, icing on the cake would be a trade for Kolb or drafting Luck...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=148744&highlight=holmgren
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Holmgren + Luck

Holmgren Luck 2011

Holmgren-GM, Harbaugh-HC, Luck-Franchise QB

this reminds me of the good ol' pete carrol + norm chow + reggie bush days
that would be sweet

but a long shot from happening as of right now
...need to watch the film first
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home