LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

SI: Holmgren as 49ers Coach in 2011?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I personally do not think that Holmgren has the passion to coach again. I also want no part of Gruden. If you think our QB situation is screwed up now, wait 'til Chucky has about 6 or 7 on the roster.

Why all the retreads?

I think our best bet is just up the road (from Santa Clara) in Palo Alto.

As for the WCO, this is no the 80s. Yes it may work in Philly, but when you are faster than any other team anything can look good.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I personally do not think that Holmgren has the passion to coach again. I also want no part of Gruden. If you think our QB situation is screwed up now, wait 'til Chucky has about 6 or 7 on the roster.

Why all the retreads?

As for the WCO, this is no the 80s. Yes it may work in Philly, but when you are faster than any other team anything can look good.

Exactly. I don't get the notion around here that running the WCO is some kind of magical pixie dust.

Mike McCarthy ran the WCO when he was here and how'd that work out?

Personally, I could give a crap about the offensive philosophy being run so long as it WORKS.

[ Edited by baltien on Nov 16, 2010 at 17:41:11 ]
Originally posted by baltien:

Why all the retreads?

Exactly. I don't get the notion around here that running the WCO is some kind of magical pixie dust.

Personally, I could give a crap about the offensive philosophy being run so long as it WORKS.

That was in 2005! We had no talent on that team.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Why all the retreads?

Well any offense can good if you have talented players. That doesn't answer the fundamental question, which is why is everything else about Holmgren being ignored just because he runs the WCO? Ditto that for Gruden.

Search the forums here and when it comes to reasons why they should be hired, and "they run the WCO" is usually the first thing mentioned.

[ Edited by baltien on Nov 16, 2010 at 20:27:50 ]

Why all the retreads?

Well any offense can good if you have talented players. That doesn't answer the fundamental question, which is why is everything else about Holmgren being ignored just because he runs the WCO? Ditto that for Gruden.

Search the forums here and when it comes to reasons why they should be hired, and "they run the WCO" is usually the first thing mentioned.

our receivers arent really that fast, theyre big bodied guys who have some moves and can be physical, those receivers are perfect for a WCO. quick slants and screens to crabtree would be really dangerous. we have good TE's, a great pass catching RB and big bodied capable receivers so the WCO would be great. look at the walsh and seifert years and those offenses and their players, were kind of the same mold. not up to that level ofcourse but i think that offense would really fit our personnel. i think the biggest plus with holmgren is that he's a QB guru and we've been suffering with instability at QB since happy feet left town.
funny thing happened at work tonight.....somebody i work with has a son who i guess knows a few folks who work within the 9ers organization and i guess the big wigs are targeting chucky. i dont know whats its worth

[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 17, 2010 at 01:53:12 ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
funny thing happened at work tonight.....somebody i work with has a son who i guess knows a few folks who work within the 9ers organization and i guess the big wigs are targeting chucky. i dont know whats its worth

I hope that isn't true

Why all the retreads?

Two teams. Three Super Bowl trips.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Why all the retreads?

our receivers arent really that fast, theyre big bodied guys who have some moves and can be physical, those receivers are perfect for a WCO. quick slants and screens to crabtree would be really dangerous. we have good TE's, a great pass catching RB and big bodied capable receivers so the WCO would be great. look at the walsh and seifert years and those offenses and their players, were kind of the same mold. not up to that level ofcourse but i think that offense would really fit our personnel. i think the biggest plus with holmgren is that he's a QB guru and we've been suffering with instability at QB since happy feet left town.

Because the 9ers have 20 years of playbooks, tapes, videos, ect in their vault. We have Walsh's meetings, practices, ect. It's a gold mind for a WCO offensive coordinator. It's the WCO encyclopedia and we're sitting on it.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Why all the retreads?

Because the 9ers have 20 years of playbooks, tapes, videos, ect in their vault. We have Walsh's meetings, practices, ect. It's a gold mind for a WCO offensive coordinator. It's the WCO encyclopedia and we're sitting on it.

And the year Gruden spent here as a QC coach he would study from Walsh's vault and learn. If brought back I wouldn't doubt he'd be back in there using it to his advantage.

Gruden and Holmgren developing a WCO QB. Sounds like 6 years to me.
I see a huge buy-out coming of Mike's contract (a slight settlement possibly of the 50 million in question) by Jed York to the Cleveland Browns. The rumors are getting hotter and hotter (as weeks progress), and as speculated, Singletary is going to have to make the NFC Championship to keep his job. (You can see through Sing's eyes/body language that something is not right, and everybody in the building is whispering Holmgren's name.)

Holmgren's wife also plays a major contribution into the situation, and if his wife is not happy in Cleveland, you bet your ass Holmgren's gonna take a 'local' job.

Jed has also changed his 'beat' regarding money being no option, and that at this point he'd be open to bringing in a "Bill Parcells" type to improve the franchise; if he had to (judging by his last interview on KNBR yesterday evening).

The Yorks have hit rock bottom, and they have to get Holmgren if they want to sell a stadium, and bring more vets like Montana, Brent Jones, and Young back into the building to support the product.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 20, 2010 at 15:09:00 ]
Holmgren + Luck

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Holmgren + Luck

Holmgren Luck 2011
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Holmgren + Luck

Share 49ersWebzone