There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SI: Holmgren as 49ers Coach in 2011?

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Great, he has a history here. Where did you explain the part about him being under contract for 4 more years?

I would think a gm/president can get out of a contract just like players do. How many contracts hold up these days? It might mean Holmgren would have to give some money back. Not sure how it would work. I didn't say it would happen, just saying it's something to consider.

Players cant get out of their deals either. Im not sure what you're talking about. They can be cut and GMs can be fired, sure. But you cant just walk out of a contract and take the same position elsewhere.

Great, he has a history here. Where did you explain the part about him being under contract for 4 more years?

I would think a gm/president can get out of a contract just like players do. How many contracts hold up these days? It might mean Holmgren would have to give some money back. Not sure how it would work. I didn't say it would happen, just saying it's something to consider.

Players cant get out of their deals either. Im not sure what you're talking about. They can be cut and GMs can be fired, sure. But you cant just walk out of a contract and take the same position elsewhere.

Hmm... Chris Johnson, Vincent Jackson... rookie's get their contracts re worked all the time when they bust out. Sure it's a new contract... maybe someone can find something about it.

I'll ask in another forum... you might be right. I really don't know much about contracts for GM's.

Wonder if a GM has ever been traded?

Simple answer is he could resign... He wouldn't get the rest of his money and might owe them some money. I would guess all contracts have a part that would state what would happen if you where to resign due to injury, illness, family reasons or wanted to go elsewhere.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 15, 2010 at 18:19:52 ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Although I would take Holmgren as GM if that means Jon Gruden as HC.

That combo is full of so much Win that it's RiDonkULus

Holmgren wants to coach...don't see where Gruden steps in. Could see a situation where Holmgren coaches for 3 years, then someone else takes over and Holmgren stays in in management.

Greg Knapp could come back as OC and take over in 3 years.

OHHHHHHHHHH HELLLLLL NO

Hmm... Chris Johnson, Vincent Jackson... rookie's get their contracts re worked all the time when they bust out. Sure it's a new contract... maybe someone can find something about it.

I'll ask in another forum... you might be right. I really don't know much about contracts for GM's.

Wonder if a GM has ever been traded?

Simple answer is he could resign... He wouldn't get the rest of his money and might owe them some money. I would guess all contracts have a part that would state what would happen if you where to resign due to injury, illness, family reasons or wanted to go elsewhere.
Those are players holding out. They cant play for another team. And sure he could quit, but he would then have to sit out the length of his deal. which is exactly what he did in 2009.
I'm already having a great vision where WCO is coming back to the motherland.
someone famous said I have a dream....
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Well, I don't feel so bad about our opportunities to get better in the off-season. It seems we will have some serious options for GM, HC, and OC with the possibility of DC, too.

There are some big names out there that Jed could use to slap a respectable label on his organization. Holmy is but one option and a nice one at that. I would love for him to come in and be the HC. Given M. Johnson's success, would he be given a chance at OC to learn from one of the best and continue his development of QBs along side of the Great Walrus.

I would want to see the WCO back. I would love for Holmy to be the one in charge of picking our next QB of the future with next year's good QB crop.

Who knows? The stars may align right for us once more. I don't feel like 05 where we just seemed to settle for what was out there both at HC and QB.

No matter what though, it seems Singletary is definitely out at the end of the season.

Holmgren at GM, Harbaugh at OC, and Luck at QB!
Harbaugh as OC isnt going to happen
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
I think we should make Baalke our GM.

After we reached for Davis and didnt pick up a CB in the first 5 rounds.
wouldn't it be funny if we got Holmgren and Sing couldn't get a job elsewhere and just came back as our LB coach. I would love it.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
hopes and dreams will only leave you in a public bath house taking a rape shower.

it's all good as long as the bathroom stalls go *all the way to the ground*
He won't come here. He won't work for the Yorks.
No need new young energy.... Clever.. Sick off recycling these old coaches.. If no one has noticed they are not winning superbowls
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
This is going to be a banner year for off season coaching changes. It's possible we could see as many as 10 coaching changes, which I think would be a record.

The big names such as Cowher and Gruden will be able to write the own checks.. Guys like Fox, Kubiak, Turner etc. won't be out of work long either.

HIGHLY likely to change coaches.

49ers (Singletary)
Vikings (Childress)
Panthers (Fox)
Cowboys (Garrett)
Texans (Kubiak)
Jaguars (Del Rio)

Possibility of changing coaches

Bears (Smith)
Chargers (Turner)
Cincinnati (Lewis)
Denver (McDaniels)

None of the guys on your "possibles" list will lose their job -- possibly Lovie Smith if the Bears totally collapse and miss the playoffs (but they're 6-3 right now).

I live in Colorado and McDaniels ain't going anywhere. The offense is lighting it up, and he can't invent talent on defense.

If lewis wasn't fired before, he won't now. Same goes for Norv.

This is the last year of Marvin Lewis' contract. The Bengals are likely to go through a major overhaul this offseason. Palmer is under contract through 2014 and he is due to earn 11.5$ million next year while Ocho Cinco's deal is a team option for 2011. If Palmer isn't willing to take a pay cut I could see all 3 easily gone.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
No need new young energy.... Clever.. Sick off recycling these old coaches.. If no one has noticed they are not winning superbowls

FWIW in the last 4 SB's, 4 of the HC's who made it were first time HC's.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I will muff dive the Walrus if he comes back to sf.