Originally posted by boast:
a rat and a walrus walk into a bar....

and I f**k them b/c they come back to the 49ers
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by boast:
a rat and a walrus walk into a bar....

and I f**k them b/c they come back to the 49ers

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Although I would take Holmgren as GM if that means Jon Gruden as HC.

That combo is full of so much Win that it's RiDonkULus
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Look at all these rumors-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these rumors I can't take it no more-my best friend say did you
hear the one about me and the girl next door?-
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:

Holmgren wants to coach...don't see where Gruden steps in. Could see a situation where Holmgren coaches for 3 years, then someone else takes over and Holmgren stays in in management.

Greg Knapp could come back as OC and take over in 3 years.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Nobody has commented on this yet -- Did anybody else see this video of SI's Jim Trotter saying that Holmgren could wind up in San Francisco next year? Trotter said he got two calls from people witihn 49ers HQ that there is going to be a coaching change and that Holmgren will be 'somehow' involved. Charles Robinson of Yahoo thinks its gonna happen too.

I don't care how good he think Colt McCoy is, is mamma ain't happy, then nobody's happy -- and they just built their dream home in Santa Cruz.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=hoFAS8kCo9QmP2mDMS8vUQCFD2lfitcL

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=148566&highlight=holmgren

LOL I started this exact thread last Wednesday and it got locked!

Holmgren wants to coach...don't see where Gruden steps in. Could see a situation where Holmgren coaches for 3 years, then someone else takes over and Holmgren stays in in management.

Greg Knapp? Seriously!?!?
Well, I don't feel so bad about our opportunities to get better in the off-season. It seems we will have some serious options for GM, HC, and OC with the possibility of DC, too.

There are some big names out there that Jed could use to slap a respectable label on his organization. Holmy is but one option and a nice one at that. I would love for him to come in and be the HC. Given M. Johnson's success, would he be given a chance at OC to learn from one of the best and continue his development of QBs along side of the Great Walrus.

I would want to see the WCO back. I would love for Holmy to be the one in charge of picking our next QB of the future with next year's good QB crop.

Who knows? The stars may align right for us once more. I don't feel like 05 where we just seemed to settle for what was out there both at HC and QB.

No matter what though, it seems Singletary is definitely out at the end of the season.

Greg Knapp? Seriously!?!?

What's wrong with Knapp?

Originally posted by ninertico:
Well, I don't feel so bad about our opportunities to get better in the off-season. It seems we will have some serious options for GM, HC, and OC with the possibility of DC, too.

There are some big names out there that Jed could use to slap a respectable label on his organization. Holmy is but one option and a nice one at that. I would love for him to come in and be the HC. Given M. Johnson's success, would he be given a chance at OC to learn from one of the best and continue his development of QBs along side of the Great Walrus.

I would want to see the WCO back. I would love for Holmy to be the one in charge of picking our next QB of the future with next year's good QB crop.

Who knows? The stars may align right for us once more. I don't feel like 05 where we just seemed to settle for what was out there both at HC and QB.

No matter what though, it seems Singletary is definitely out at the end of the season.

Holmgren at GM, Harbaugh at OC, and Luck at QB!
the niners need to throw a billion at him. build him a monument in santa clara. give im 72 virgins. do whatever it takes to bring him here
I would be equally excited to have Harbaugh or Holmgren as coach. But that will require La Famiglia York to be proactive, organized and willing to pay top dollar for a coach all of which have never happened before sans Eddie.

I think it's more likely for the Yorks to wait till the last minute while bypassing the more experienced coaches.

Hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:

"it seems Singletary is definitely out at the end of the season."

Not if we end up making the playoffs..... this is what makes me actually pull for 3 more losses, to assure that coach Pom Pom can't weasel his way past this season. No team has every won their division under 500. Hurts like Hell to root against my beloved red N gold. But then I see "the motivational speaker" on the sidelines clapping ...(after we do something wrong), and I just remind myself that it's better off in the long run. Tampa Bay -maybe, Green Bay -probably, San Diego in December -probably. And just for good measure lets throw in St. Louis in their dome.
We have no GM, Holmgren takes that spot, and his life long friend and right hand man, also a SF kid, Gil Haskell will be head coach
Share 49ersWebzone