Did I miss something?
Is he supposed to take the Browns to the Super Bowl?
lol
Not even the great Eddie D could do that.
There are 564 users in the forums
Source: Jon Gruden to be hired by Cleveland in 2011
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM
- TonyStarks
- Veteran
- Posts: 63,029
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,335
This isn't surprising at all. This was coming as soon as Holmgrem took the job last year. i just think Gruden wanted one more year off thus they just stuck with Mangini for the rest of the season.
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM
- TheSixthRing
- Beer Gut
- Posts: 82,491
WE WANT COW-HER!
WE WANT COW-HER!
WE WANT COW-HER!
WE WANT COW-HER!
WE WANT COW-HER!
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,149
Yorkies better but out the check book and make an offer he cant refuse.
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM
- evil
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,744
Originally posted by lamontb:
This isn't surprising at all. This was coming as soon as Holmgrem took the job last year. i just think Gruden wanted one more year off thus they just stuck with Mangini for the rest of the season.
Holmgren also lacked viable cause for firing Mangini, because somehow the Brownies won their last 4 straight.
Oct 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
I don't see Gruden going to Cleveland. Honestly, I think he goes to San Francisco or he sticks to broadcasting for another year.
Oct 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM
- highwayone
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,186
Where does Gruden live in the offseason? Seems to me that would affect his decision as well.
Being close to family is more important, remember the wife factor. "JOHN, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN SNOW, YOU JERK! TAKE THE NINER JOB."
Being close to family is more important, remember the wife factor. "JOHN, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN SNOW, YOU JERK! TAKE THE NINER JOB."
Oct 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 73,039
Originally posted by valrod33:
bump
Oct 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM
- jcs
- Veteran
- Posts: 39,898
There are reports on ESPN praising Mangini...nothing is set in stone.
Oct 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,335
Originally posted by jcs:
There are reports on ESPN praising Mangini...nothing is set in stone.
That's just a one week story b/c they beat the Saints.
Oct 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM
- CalNiner49
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,719
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Don't want Harbaugh. He's not the proven NFL OC/HC that we need.
I agree. We need A PROVEN COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no more rookie head coaches
Oct 25, 2010 at 2:13 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,149
Originally posted by MILFS:Originally posted by Leathaface:
Don't want Harbaugh. He's not the proven NFL OC/HC that we need.
I agree. We need A PROVEN COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no more rookie head coaches
Oct 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM
- Rubberneck36
- HOF
- Posts: 141,822
If that is true...
Oct 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM
- PowderdToastMn
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,043
Maybe Nick Saban will want to leave Alabama....
I keed, I keed
I keed, I keed
Oct 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,308
Money talks
Yorks are quiet though
Yorks are quiet though
