There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Lloyd

Always was a Brandon Lloyd fan..I still have his rookie autographed card I bought..haha

Gonna be interesting to see how he does against our defense.
Originally posted by jrg:
Always was a Brandon Lloyd fan..I still have his rookie autographed card I bought..haha

Gonna be interesting to see how he does against our defense.

Me too

Gotta give mad props to BLloyd. He basically disappeared after he left the Niners. IIRC, his first year away from the Niners on the redskins, he had the worst statistical year EVER for a starting WR in the NFL. Now he's 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards, just behind Reggie Wayne. That's ballin.
What a weird season.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Gotta give mad props to BLloyd. He basically disappeared after he left the Niners. IIRC, his first year away from the Niners on the redskins, he had the worst statistical year EVER for a starting WR in the NFL. Now he's 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards, just behind Reggie Wayne. That's ballin.

I always thought the guy was a good receiver, just needed another receiver opposite him to take attention away.

Until Vernon's year last year, I think Lloyd has maybe the best season here since TO.

His crazy acrobatic catches certainly helped those years with Rattay, Dorsey, Pickett and Smith. Guess not much has really changed in terms of QB's
Ol' alligator arms is finally putting it together out there in Denver. See, there is hope for you Alex.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Oct 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I always thought the guy was a good receiver, just needed another receiver opposite him to take attention away.

Until Vernon's year last year, I think Lloyd has maybe the best season here since TO.

His crazy acrobatic catches certainly helped those years with Rattay, Dorsey, Pickett and Smith. Guess not much has really changed in terms of QB's

I think Antonio Bryant and Isaac Bruce (first year here) may have had better years.
Originally posted by Gelder:

I think Antonio Bryant and Isaac Bruce (first year here) may have had better years.

2005: Brandon Lloyd 48 Catches 733 Yards and 5 TD's
2006: Antonio Bryant 40 Catches 733 Yards and 3 TD's

but you were right with Isaac Bruce, although that year we were in the Mike Martz offense, while Lloyd's best year was on that dreadful 2005 team with Rattay, rookie Alex Smith, Cody Pickett and Ken Dorsey, with ZERO other weapons on that team. Remember Gore was also a rookie in 2005 and wasn't used all that much.

2008: Isaac Bruce 61 Catches 835 Yards and 7 TD's
I never understood all the hate B.Lloyd generated around here. He made some AMAZING catches while with us.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I never understood all the hate B.Lloyd generated around here. He made some AMAZING catches while with us.

I think it was due to him 'ducking' on some catches and his inflated ego. Honestly every WR should have one. Dude was pretty awesome with us. I'd take him back for sure.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I think it was due to him 'ducking' on some catches and his inflated ego. Honestly every WR should have one. Dude was pretty awesome with us. I'd take him back for sure.

he'd be a Godsend with A.Smith's inaccuracy.
He's doing good, he has some talents, but I doubt hes gonna keep it up

--------
Grid Iron War Room - fantasy football alive
WHY did we get RID of him?
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

thats really the complete and sole purpose huh?