LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 384 users in the forums

Would you trade a 1st rd. draft pick for Kolb?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you trade a 1st rd. draft pick for Kolb?

This thread cannot be serious
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
ahahahahahahahaha!

only in Niner Talk! oh wait....wtf? s**t, it's spreading.
ill trade you a 1st to never start a thread like this again.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Sorry, what is so funny...Did I miss something here?

that you have the balls to ask if someone with only 3 starts is worth a 1st rd pick and got beat out by michael vick

Apparently NFL GMs also have balls enough to want to trade a 1st rd. draft pick for him. Go check out the news, buddy.

were all still waiting for the link, buddy
The only way this kid will flourish for a new team from day one is within a team already running out of a WCO.

But it won't happen, the Michael Vick reality will develop and Kolb will get his job back by the end of the season.
5% say yes!
Not even in Madden
not sure, he needs to play more games
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by jreff22:
yeah its a bad idea, he was a 2nd round draft pick and already lost his job

Technically never lost the job. He did not show much in preseason or the 1st half of week 1. He did look pretty good in relief of McNabb last year however.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah and I doubt the Eagles deal Kolb till after the season anyway, they'll want a backup plan in case Vick's price tag is too high. We just need to give Smith the rest of the season unless he completely blows up.

The Eagles still don't know what they truly have with Kolb considering the amount of opportunity he has had to date. If he doesn't gain another opportunity to play this year I doubt they trade him in the offseason, they are more likely to hold onto him through next years TC unless they get blown away with an offer before then.

I think Kolb won't be traded unless Vick shows that he is really back in top form. Any attempt to trade Kolb before then would be insane. It's not like the Eagles can get top price for Kolb right now.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Yeah we need a 4th mediocre QB on our roster....
Some Stats on Kolb last season.

Eagles QB Kevin Kolb goes 24 of 34 for 327 yards and 2 TDs in a Week 3 (2009) victory over the Chiefs.

Went 31 of 51 passes for 391 yards vs. the Saints in '09.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I will add some stats to that for perspective:

The Chiefs defense last season was terrible. Like, really terrible. They were 22nd in passing yards, 31st in rushing yards and more importantly 28th in scoring defense.

That means they gave up a good chunk of passing yards, but were horrible against the run. Usually, if you are a bad run defense, your passing yard stats go up a bit, simply because teams do not bother to pass against you when they can run it down your throat. Well, the Chiefs could not do both well.

Kolb did very well against them, but he did not exactly carve up the 85 Bears or something.

Against the Saints, most of Kolbs passing yards came in garbage time and maybe you should add his 3 INTs to his stat line, which all came after halftime, one of which was returned for a TD by the Saints. Also, the Saints had a big lead early in the 3rd quarter and won by 26 points in the end, which gave the Eagles not much choice but to throw (as if Andy Reid would need any excuse for that )

So, in my mind, Kolb may have put up impressive numbers, but that sample last season was very small and pretty skewed, so I still do not know what to make out of Kevin Kolb. For, me this means I remain skeptical
Originally posted by English:
5% say yes!

Even the Raiders' fans are allowed to vote.
[ Edited by DaManRathman on Sep 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

Eagles QB Kevin Kolb goes 24 of 34 for 327 yards and 2 TDs in a Week 3 (2009) victory over the Chiefs.

The Chiefs defense last season was terrible. Like, really terrible. They were 22nd in passing yards, 31st in rushing yards and more importantly 28th in scoring defense.

That means they gave up a good chunk of passing yards, but were horrible against the run. Usually, if you are a bad run defense, your passing yard stats go up a bit, simply because teams do not bother to pass against you when they can run it down your throat. Well, the Chiefs could not do both well.

Kolb did very well against them, but he did not exactly carve up the 85 Bears or something.

Against the Saints, most of Kolbs passing yards came in garbage time and maybe you should add his 3 INTs to his stat line, which all came after halftime, one of which was returned for a TD by the Saints. Also, the Saints had a big lead early in the 3rd quarter and won by 26 points in the end, which gave the Eagles not much choice but to throw (as if Andy Reid would need any excuse for that )

So, in my mind, Kolb may have put up impressive numbers, but that sample last season was very small and pretty skewed, so I still do not know what to make out of Kevin Kolb. For, me this means I remain skeptical

He had nearly half his yards in the first half vs the Saints. Check your facts.

Yes he did throw 3 picks, against the Saints D which was a turnover machine last year (you failed to mention mention that part). Tom Brady threw 2 picks and not one TD vs that same D last year. Kolb also had limited work with the no.1 offense going into that game, it's not like he had been working with them all offseason.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

He had nearly half his yards in the first half vs the Saints. Check your facts.

Yes he did throw 3 picks, against the Saints D which was a turnover machine last year (you failed to mention mention that part). Tom Brady threw 2 picks and not one TD vs that same D last year. Kolb also had limited work with the no.1 offense going into that game, it's not like he had been working with them all offseason.

Alright, I checked my facts and I stand corrected: It was not most of his yards, but only a huge chunk of his yards

To be exact, if I counted correctly Kolb threw for 159 yards in the fourth quarter with 9:30 left and the Saints up by three scores 41:20. I think that should qualify as garbage time

The thing is, I think it is too early to form any valid opinion of Kolb yet. He put up good numbers last year, but it was only two games, one against a horrible defense and the other one in which he threw for great yardage, but had costly turnovers as well (he had all the INTs in the second half and the Eagles were trailing by "only" 11 points when he threw the first one).

And yes, I think he had only limited work with the No.1 offense, but at least he had been in the same system for quite some time now (remember, he was drafted in 2007 by the Eagles) and also the Saints did not have much game film of him to prepare against (as it was his first start ever).

Together, all those things combined lead me to one conclusion: For me right now, Kevin Kolb is an "incomplete". He surely has potential and he might become a good one, but right now he is in a hard place. He got hurt fast, had a slow start (even going back to preseason, I think) and right now the Eagles O-Line is leaky and not playing well.

A more athletic, running-capable QB like Vick (and ironically, McNabb) might be doing better with an O-Line like this and right now Vick took his chance and did well. I think Kolb will get another chance as the starting QB for the Eagles, but right now, he does not play and cannot give us more snaps to evaluate, so until he does, I think I will exercise my right to remain skeptical
Share 49ersWebzone