LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Majority of you will hop back on Singletary's bandwagon if we win Monday night. Some of you guys are over-reacting over a loss and I have no doubt some of you will over-react after a win. Niner Talk ftw

Not me. Its going to take more than one game to change the impressions I have of him as a coach.

I will never jump off the niners band wagon though.

You're a pretty smart one, hence you don't fall in the majority in NT.
Majority of you will hop back on Singletary's bandwagon if we win Monday night. Some of you guys are over-reacting over a loss and I have no doubt some of you will over-react after a win. Niner Talk ftw

Not me. Its going to take more than one game to change the impressions I have of him as a coach.

Sing is gonna have to prove he knows how to coach, and fix these problems so we can have an effective offense. Unfortunately I just don't see that happening.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Sing is gonna have to prove he knows how to coach, and fix these problems so we can have an effective offense. Unfortunately I just don't see that happening.

I'm not saying if he is a good coach or a bad coach. I'm saying, your view shouldn't change based on this past week. One game is not enough to change your view about your coach or your QB or your team.

Had Smith and Crabtree made couple of plays on Sunday - we wouldn't have even heard about all this.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

I'm not saying if he is a good coach or a bad coach. I'm saying, your view shouldn't change based on this past week. One game is not enough to change your view about your coach or your QB or your team.

Had Smith and Crabtree made couple of plays on Sunday - we wouldn't have even heard about all this.

I understand what your saying and you do have a point. I hope your right.
The article calls Raye "one of the more respected veteran coaches in the league". Um...I'd like to know according to who?

This man is an IDIOT, at best. Everyone talks about Nate Davis' learning disability, maybe we need to take a look at Raye's. If the offensive cordinator can't even remember what the plays are called, then he has no business being in the NFL. Period. End of debate. Go take a nap somewhere else!
Originally posted by nflguy49:
I have question. Why didn't Barrows or Maiocco break this story? They had to know about this before the Yahoo report right???

well they want to kiss ass so they can move up in the ranks... I mean look at MM, all his Alex fanboyism helped him out...now he's at CSN.

do you think he would have got that far if he reported the truth about Alex?

only lately has he been even alittle critical of Alex.

Barrows on the other hand seems like he doesn't give a fck anymore...check out his tweets...he knows this is a sinking ship...an't no sense into kissing no one's arse anymore.
I FINALLY GET IT! THE JIMMY RAYE OFFENSIVE EXPERIENCE!

To keep the players in check with the pace of his play-calling upstairs, Raye wishes to slip every player on the offense 'roofies' before the opening kickoff!

• bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Bravo for Alex calling out his coaching staff. Let's face it, if the offense goes to s**t, Alex will get blamed no matter what. Why should the guy stand by and take it from everyone over and over again? The offense was all out of sorts and if you don't think this crap is an excuse for Alex's play, you're a moron.

Imagine being the QB, waiting for a play call and it's all "garbled" and inaccurate because it was drawn from "memory". How are you suppose to make the appropriate calls at the line? How are you suppose to call the blocking scheme on the fly?

Put Manning or Brady in this situation and you'll get the exact same result

If it had happened to Manning or Brady for their first six years in the league with THIS team, they wouldn't have become the Manning or Brady we know! They have organizations around them that give them the tools to succeed! We all figured out Alex didn't have that early on; now it's becoming apparent he STILL doesn't have that!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
If we all can come together and bring this issue to MM and MB, they will plant the seed in Sing's head, and sometimes that's all it takes to make things happen!! hahaha

Or we could hire leonardo dicaprio and perform an inception in Sing's mind
i think we all know the REAL reason for our problems. time to make changes AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
If Sing can't or doesn't want to fire Raye, Sing should be fired along with Raye. Mike Johnson needs to be the OC immediately. I'm so pissed right now I want to punch a baby.

Singletary should be fired for allowing this to happen in the first place.

YES! Its clear to me that Sing must go. Sing is a good man, but a lousy tactician and a strategist. Sing should have hired a strategist an OC but instead we get Jimmy Frickin' Ray!?
Originally posted by MILFS:
WTF! this is pissing me off. what kind of a schmuck coach doesn't even have one of these?

even my f**king pee wee football coach had one of these. he even had it f**king laminated!

What Sean Payton was your pee wee coach??

OK to get serious. Hostler had no idea what to call because he did not know.
Raye knows what to call yet can't find the correct call and then calls something like "the one whwere the ot has t go after the left guy and the qb looks right you know what I mean?" If this is true.

If this continues to be a problem Mike Johnson or even Solari has t take over...
So where did the Jason Michael guy go? I don't care if Johnson feels left out of the loop as long as the plays are getting to Smith. This isn't rocket science.
[quote=49erRider
While I do agree this is a big problem, that still doesn't excuse the horrible passes Alex made Sunday. It does matter what QB we have, because most QBs don't overthrow a wide-open player 10-yards away from him on 4th down.

Not to take this in a different direction, but you mean exactly like Joe Flacco did on Monday night against the Jets? And his pass was much, much worse. Not even close to catchable.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Holy crap....I don't even know what to say about this....

That's Mike Singletary's approach to offense basically.

And this stuff about Raye coming to light, not surprising. It was leaked obviously, and there are people within the organization who aren't happy with the way things are being run.
Share 49ersWebzone