LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Alright well I guess I thought he wouldn't contribute at all this year. But I'll admit I was wrong. He played pretty good on defense and ST. Still have reservations about his coverage skills but not bad...
STARTING!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He'll never start at saftey.

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

Boy, you were way off on Mays, the kid played great.

I am glad he is wrong. All were missing now is another good CB and FS to go along with our great front 7. Spencer is great Clements and Goldson need to go.
Originally posted by nothing03:

However, at some point, he might start at safety. Not this year. Two big factors will be if the Niners sign Goldson to a long-term contract and if Reggie Smith continues to develop. In the end, Mays may never get off the bench.

I am glad he is wrong. All were missing now is another good CB and FS to go along with our great front 7. Spencer is great Clements and Goldson need to go.

my hatred for goldson grows every week he has no coverage skills what so ever. he couldnt cover baas on a go route
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

my hatred for goldson grows every week he has no coverage skills what so ever. he couldnt cover baas on a go route

I know right. And to think Goldson wants Ed Reed type money

I have to agree. I think he's over rated (goldson)
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Alright well I guess I thought he wouldn't contribute at all this year. But I'll admit I was wrong. He played pretty good on defense and ST. Still have reservations about his coverage skills but not bad...

I still think we have yet to see how good Mays can cover. We got decent pressure on Matt Ryan. I think if Mays was forced into more coverage, he'd be much more exposed. This Sunday he made the one good play that wasn't even on defense.

It's too early to crown him and sing praises. Mays still has a lot of learning and refining to do when it comes to his coverage ability.
Originally posted by digital9er:

and thats a reason i dislike him even more, i cant wait to see what he gets on the open market after this sorry yr hes putting up
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

You guys are right Matt Ryan and Drew Brees went after Goldson during their last drives of the game on our two losses. Goldson is a liability on Defense. Every time I see him its either he is getting burned or his back are turned and the receiver is catching the ball in front of him. What a loser. I rather have reggie smith.

You guys are right Matt Ryan and Drew Brees went after Goldson during their last drives of the game on our two losses. Goldson is a liability on Defense. Every time I see him its either he is getting burned or his back are turned and the receiver is catching the ball in front of him. What a loser. I rather have reggie smith.

I have to go back and look at the film

For the record we have 4 losses.

I have to go back and look at the film

im so ready for a smith and mays duo at the safety position to see what they can do.
Originally posted by digital9er:

and thats a reason i dislike him even more, i cant wait to see what he gets on the open market after this sorry yr hes putting up

really? havent noticed

For the record we have 4 losses.

Well I am just saying we coulda won the two games if we have a better safety play. The other two were blowouts.

He was all over the field and had a crazy number of tackles for a Safety

GREAT PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Share 49ersWebzone