There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bill Williamson is an Idiot

Bill Williamson and Mike Sando had a debate on whether or not the Raiders would win the NFC West. Williamson was trying to argue for the Raiders somehow. To me it's not even close. You just need to go position by position.

QB: It's close but we'll give the Raiders this one just because Campbell had a higher passer rating last year.

RB: This one's not even close. Gore is better than all of the Raiders' running backs by far. Westbrook and McFadden are close and Dixon is better than Michael Bennett and Rock Cartwright.

WR: Again not close. Crabs is better than Louis Murphy and Morgan is better than Heyward-Bey. Ginn is better than anyone they have after that.

TE: Once again, the Niners run away with it. Zach Miller is a very good tight end. He is definitely in the top ten in the league. But VD is top 3 and does everything better than Miller.

OL: Across the board we dominate. Some of our backups would start for them. Gallery is a decent guard but I think Iupati will be better this year. At worst we win this 4 out of 5. But I think it's really 5 out of 5.

DL: This is close but we are elite at 2 out of our 3 positions. They're elite at 1 out of 4 of their positions. Edge goes to the Niners.

LB: They have a young up and coming group. But we have the star power and the depth that they don't have.

DB: This is the only spot that I give the Raiders a clear edge and it's mostly because of Nnamdi Asomugha. Tyvon Branch is pretty good. Huff and Chris Johnson are OK at best. Goldson and Branch are comparable and we have the depth at corner and safety but Asomugha is too good for Niners to make up this position purely on depth.

So the Niners win 6 positions (4 by a large margin). The Raiders win 2 (both pretty close). The link to Sando and Williamson's argument it below.
Link
[ Edited by Draftology on Aug 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Draftology:
Bill Williamson and Mike Sando had a debate on whether or not the Raiders would win the NFC West. Williamson was trying to argue for the Raiders somehow. To me it's not even close. You just need to go position by position.

QB: It's close but we'll give the Raiders this one just because Campbell had a higher passer rating last year.

RB: This one's not even close. Gore is better than all of the Raiders' running backs by far. Westbrook and McFadden are close and Dixon is better than Michael Bennett and Rock Cartwright.

WR: Again not close. Crabs is better than Louis Murphy and Morgan is better than Heyward-Bey. Ginn is better than anyone they have after that.

TE: Once again, the Niners run away with it. Zach Miller is a very good tight end. He is definitely in the top ten in the league. But VD is top 3 and does everything better than Miller.

OL: Across the board we dominate. Some of our backups would start for them. Gallery is a decent guard but I think Iupati will be better this year. At worst we win this 4 out of 5. But I think it's really 5 out of 5.

DL: This is close but we are elite at 2 out of our 3 positions. They're elite at 1 out of 4 of their positions. Edge goes to the Niners.

LB: They have a young up and coming group. But we have the star power and the depth that they don't have.

DB: This is the only spot that I give the Raiders a clear edge and it's mostly because of Nnamdi Asomugha. Tyvon Branch is pretty good. Huff and Chris Johnson are OK at best. Goldson and Branch are comparable and we have the depth at corner and safety but Asomugha is too good for Niners to make up this position purely on depth.

So the Niners win 6 positions (4 by a large margin). The Raiders win 2 (both pretty close). The link to Sando and Williamson's argument it below.
Link

no way they can because they are in the AFC
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Draftology:

Link

no way they can because they are in the AFC

He really is an idiot.
Who would name their son William Williamson?
oh really,...really
actually the OP is right

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/22206/great-debate-would-raiders-win-nfc-west

they talked if the Raiders were in the NFC west
Obviously the guy is an idiot. The Raiders will be a 7 win team at best in the AFC West which isnt great either.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 30, 2010 at 11:42 AM ]
I think we're better than the Raiders as well, but on paper, we're pretty even talent wise. The biggest difference in the two teams is their secondaries, and the Raiders are much, much, better. I think the Raiders will win the AFC West this year and we will win the NFC West and pride will be brought back to The Bay.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I think we're better than the Raiders as well, but on paper, we're pretty even talent wise. The biggest difference in the two teams is their secondaries, and the Raiders are much, much, better. I think the Raiders will win the AFC West this year and we will win the NFC West and pride will be brought back to The Bay.

They are not gonna beat the Chargers for the AFC West crown
Originally posted by valrod33:

I think they have a decent shot b/c I don't see any player on the Charges defense that scares anybody.

I love when people are certain about what is going to happen in the NFL... Let me guess, you called the Cardinals in the Superbowl in 2008?

I love when people are certain about what is going to happen in the NFL... Let me guess, you called the Cardinals in the Superbowl in 2008?

ive predicted every super bowl matchup and outcome EVER

It's true, I've seen it, he's rich.

Even before there was a superbowl