LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Overrated - Jason Campbell

good going , Al.

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Aug 11, 2010 at 10:30:51 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How could you guys rate Mark Sanchez, it was his rookie year for crying out loud.

Overrated ----- Tony Romo

Underrated ------ Jamal Charles/Steve Smith #12/ Aaron Rodgers/Kyle Orton

Romo is a beast.

Rodgers is definitely not underrated..everyone knows he's a top 5 QB in the league

Romo gets too much hype around the league, choke artist, and Rodgers doesn't get enough praise around the league. Think about it, Cowboys have a top 15 offensive line, Green Bay dead last.
How could you guys rate Mark Sanchez, it was his rookie year for crying out loud.

Romo is a beast.

Rodgers is definitely not underrated..everyone knows he's a top 5 QB in the league

Romo gets too much hype around the league, choke artist, and Rodgers doesn't get enough praise around the league. Think about it, Cowboys have a top 15 offensive line, Green Bay dead last.

I think neither is overrated or underrated..I hear about Rodgers as much as Romo..Rodgers choked against the Cardinals too so he hasn't really proved anything more than what Romo has.

Romo is a beast.

Romo makes that o-line look a lot better than they are. Our o-line is what is overrated, not Romo.

Romo's 2009 stats

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

I'll take those stats from a quarterback any day.
Originally posted by Homo4Romo:

Romo is a beast.

Romo makes that o-line look a lot better than they are. Our o-line is what is overrated, not Romo.

Romo's 2009 stats

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

Word. I f**king hate the cowboys but I would eat jessica's sloppies after romo rams her to get him on the team...

ugh i feel dirty.

Romo is a beast.

Did you really just say romo is a beast???

The word Beast is overrated now.

Frank gore is the most underrated off. Player. London Fletcher is the most underrated def. Player.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Romo is a beast.

Frank gore is the most underrated off. Player. London Fletcher is the most underrated def. Player.

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

that's not beastly?

he had more yards than Rodgers and only 4 less TD's ...is Rodgers not a beast either? Even Brees had less yards and more INT's

Stop hating because he's a Cowboy..we'd be thrilled if Romo was on our team.

Gore is definitely not underrated..u wanna call Romo a choker like most people wanna call him well Gore is injury prone

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Aug 11, 2010 at 15:42:13 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Underrated -

Greg Jennings
London Fletcher
Gary Brackett
Nick Collins

Overrated -

Marion Barber
Matt Cassell
Nate Clements
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Romo is a beast.

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

that's not beastly?

he had more yards than Rodgers and only 4 less TD's ...is Rodgers not a beast either? Even Brees had less yards and more INT's

Gore is definitely not underrated..u wanna call Romo a choker like most people wanna call him well Gore is injury prone

Defending Romo a little hard there, I see. And since when did being injury prone have anything to do with being rated??

Romo is a beast.

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

that's not beastly?

Defending Romo a little hard there, I see. And since when did being injury prone have anything to do with being rated??

lol..I'm just sayin'

being injury prone has a big effect on a player..if Gore could stay healthy all season long then he'd be a top 3 RB in this league..but he doesn't so it drops him off a bit

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Romo is a beast.

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

that's not beastly?

lol..I'm just sayin'

being injury prone has a big effect on a player..if Gore could stay healthy all season long then he'd be a top 3 RB in this league..but he doesn't so it drops him off a bit

Your right if he was healthy more he'd probably be in the top 3 RB's. But if our OL was as good as the top 3 RB's OL's, Gore would still be a top 3 RB, regardless of injury.

Romo is a beast.

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

that's not beastly?

lol..I'm just sayin'

Your right if he was healthy more he'd probably be in the top 3 RB's. But if our OL was as good as the top 3 RB's OL's, Gore would still be a top 3 RB, regardless of injury.

No doubt. Everyone in the league knows Gore is a great back and consider him a top 5 back..that's why I say he's not underrated because a lot of people outside 49er fans know and love Gore.

Romo is a beast.

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

that's not beastly?

fixed
Overrated: Every goddamn QB that's been drafted 1st overall for the last last 3 yrs running (+ 1, don't say it). None of these kids are capable of playing up to their ridiculous contracts for at least 3 years and Russell's fat purple drankin' ass will never play half as good as his rookie contract as he was released from the back half of it and completely tanked on the field in the 1st half of it (not that I didn't enjoy that). Cap these frauds already. They have, or should have the best education in the world under their belts and they all got it for free. I won't feel sorry for them when they get hurt with only a few million in guaranteed. Tough break go to the Bahamas for a few months; smoke big Bahama joints, then finish your degree and go to work. Life's tough...for some more than others.

Underrated: nearly every veteran QB watching a rookie take his reps in camp. I'll take brains and experience over the new hotness 9 times out of 10. Until these rookies beat the vets out in camp, they have no business running first team.
Originally posted by Homo4Romo:

Romo is a beast.

Romo's 2009 stats

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

Romo is better than Rodgers. Rodgers made his OL look bad by holding the ball all the time because he likes to throw it down field a lot. Not to mention for the first six games when he was sacked like 30 times they were down to their 3rd and 4th tackles IIRC. The Cowboys OL isn't really that great in pass protection, Flozell Adams was slow and they're basically a bunch of run blockers. I don't even like the cowboys at all, I'm just saying.

As far as who is OVERRATED, I would say Aaron Rodgers. People talk about the guy like he shoots lightning bolts outta his ass and he gets a ton of praise right now. He's good but he's not the best QB in the league like people talk about him.

Underrated? Maybe Drew Brees. Even after he beats Peyton in the superbowl nobody gives him any love as the best QB in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone