LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Homo4Romo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
How could you guys rate Mark Sanchez, it was his rookie year for crying out loud.

Overrated ----- Tony Romo

Underrated ------ Jamal Charles/Steve Smith #12/ Aaron Rodgers/Kyle Orton

Romo is a beast.

Rodgers is definitely not underrated..everyone knows he's a top 5 QB in the league

Romo gets too much hype around the league, choke artist, and Rodgers doesn't get enough praise around the league. Think about it, Cowboys have a top 15 offensive line, Green Bay dead last.

Romo makes that o-line look a lot better than they are. Our o-line is what is overrated, not Romo.

Romo's 2009 stats

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

I'll take those stats from a quarterback any day.

Romo is better than Rodgers. Rodgers made his OL look bad by holding the ball all the time because he likes to throw it down field a lot. Not to mention for the first six games when he was sacked like 30 times they were down to their 3rd and 4th tackles IIRC. The Cowboys OL isn't really that great in pass protection, Flozell Adams was slow and they're basically a bunch of run blockers. I don't even like the cowboys at all, I'm just saying.

As far as who is OVERRATED, I would say Aaron Rodgers. People talk about the guy like he shoots lightning bolts outta his ass and he gets a ton of praise right now. He's good but he's not the best QB in the league like people talk about him.

Underrated? Maybe Drew Brees. Even after he beats Peyton in the superbowl nobody gives him any love as the best QB in the league.

I completely agree. Rodgers is still top 7, but it seems many talk about him as if he were top 3.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Overrated: Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan
Underrated: Joe Flacco
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Ryan is OK
Flacco sucks

but I'd take them over Smith lol
How could you guys rate Mark Sanchez, it was his rookie year for crying out loud.

Romo is a beast.

Rodgers is definitely not underrated..everyone knows he's a top 5 QB in the league

Romo gets too much hype around the league, choke artist, and Rodgers doesn't get enough praise around the league. Think about it, Cowboys have a top 15 offensive line, Green Bay dead last.

Romo makes that o-line look a lot better than they are. Our o-line is what is overrated, not Romo.

Romo's 2009 stats

4, 483 yards
26 TD's
9 INT's
97.6 passer rating

I'll take those stats from a quarterback any day.

Romo is better than Rodgers. Rodgers made his OL look bad by holding the ball all the time because he likes to throw it down field a lot. Not to mention for the first six games when he was sacked like 30 times they were down to their 3rd and 4th tackles IIRC. The Cowboys OL isn't really that great in pass protection, Flozell Adams was slow and they're basically a bunch of run blockers. I don't even like the cowboys at all, I'm just saying.

As far as who is OVERRATED, I would say Aaron Rodgers. People talk about the guy like he shoots lightning bolts outta his ass and he gets a ton of praise right now. He's good but he's not the best QB in the league like people talk about him.

Underrated? Maybe Drew Brees. Even after he beats Peyton in the superbowl nobody gives him any love as the best QB in the league.

I completely agree. Rodgers is still top 7, but it seems many talk about him as if he were top 3.

No one thinks Rodgers is top 3

top 3 is

Manning
Brees
Brady

u put them in any order u want..but Rodgers is nowhere near them.

Ryan is OK
Flacco sucks

Flacco is way better than Ryan, he gets his teams farther in the playoffs and has done so with less weapons. IIRC Smith had a higher QB rating and accuracy than Ryan did last year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Overrated - Jason Campbell

Jason Campbell??? Never seen anyone give him too much love.

Romo is a beast.

I think neither is overrated or underrated..I hear about Rodgers as much as Romo..Rodgers choked against the Cardinals too so he hasn't really proved anything more than what Romo has.

UMM???/ RODGERS CHOKED??????? How can throwing for over 400yrds and 4 tds be choking?
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Romo is a beast.

I think neither is overrated or underrated..I hear about Rodgers as much as Romo..Rodgers choked against the Cardinals too so he hasn't really proved anything more than what Romo has.

UMM???/ RODGERS CHOKED??????? How can throwing for over 400yrds and 4 tds be choking?

LMAO seriously. rodgers did not choke he singlehandedly brought them back even if his defense couldnt stop the cardinals. its not his fault for the game winning fumble nothing else he could do
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Romo is a beast.

LMAO seriously. rodgers did not choke he singlehandedly brought them back even if his defense couldnt stop the cardinals. its not his fault for the game winning fumble nothing else he could do

Except for the fact that he fumbled it
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Romo is a beast.

Except for the fact that he fumbled it

Yeah, lets blame him for the fumble..not the Offensive LINE For having RODGERS have 3 Cards in his face.... DUDE...ur not even funny... GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. ur still probably sour because our Niners Chose smith over him.. SHOW RESPECT.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

Ryan is OK
Flacco sucks

Flacco is way better than Ryan, he gets his teams farther in the playoffs and has done so with less weapons. IIRC Smith had a higher QB rating and accuracy than Ryan did last year.

Yup. Everyone has anointed Matt Ryan, yet last year he wasn't very good, while Flacco went and beat the Patriots in the playoffs in New England.
Flacco will have a better career than Ryan

BOOK IT
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

BOOK IT
Originally posted by valrod33:

BOOK IT

I been saying this since their rookie years. Even last year everyone said Ryan would do better than Flacco because of White and Gonzales and Flacco still did better.
I personally feel that Vernon Davis is extremely underrated in the NFL. He has mad skills but doesn't get the credit he deserves!

-Scout

Share 49ersWebzone