There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tom Brady...a 49er in 2011?

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
That team is going down a dumpster real fast, it has no leadership what-so-ever (they'll make the playoffs, but they'll never see another SB).

Randy Moss is pretty much rogue when the cards are out of his favor, the youth on that team doesn't respect Belichick, and most of 'em don't even see Brady as a credible leader. (Not to mention Brady has been taking s**t wages for most of the decade to help the team's cap balance.)

Lol posts like this are just too funny. Sounds like you're on the team or something. Not sure why anyone playing for Belichick or with Brady wouldn't respect each of them. They are two of the best ever. Young guys like Jerod Mayo, Brandon Meriweather, Sebastian Vollmer and local kid Julian Edelman all played very well last year.

Don't believe everything the media tries to spew. Like the article to start this post, often its about a lot of nothing.
Originally posted by redrathman:

The next Joe??? If he wins us four superbowls!
[ Edited by Snider8706 on Jun 5, 2010 at 2:07 AM ]
Brady's base salary this season is 3.4 million dollars. With the 30% rule in place it complicates how much he can actually make on a contract extension.

I think both sides wait til this deal expires, and plot their next move after that. If New England takes another step back this season they could go into official rebuild mode. Don't forget that New England has Oakland's pick this offseason. They could be in perfect position to land Brady's replacement. Also the franchise tag is up in the air this year. I know it seems ridiculous that New England would let Brady go, but I think there's a strong possibility of that happening.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 5, 2010 at 11:30 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Brady's base salary this season is 3.4 million dollars. With the 30% rule in place it complicates how much he can actually make on a contract extension.

I think both sides wait til this deal expires, and plot their next move after that. If New England takes another step back this season they could go into official rebuild mode. Don't forget that New England has Oakland's pick this offseason. They could be in perfect position to land Brady's replacement. Also the franchise tag is up in the air this year. I know it seems ridiculous that New England would let Brady go, but I think there's a strong possibility of that happening.

And if Brady does hit the market, we seriously need to be the front runners for him. Even if he were up for trade, give NE a 1st, 3rd, 5th round picks and Alex Smith in return for Brady ASAP. Man they would have 3 1st round picks, they rebuild their offense all in one season with a 1st round that could possibly look like this:

1a. Ryan Mallet, Jake Locker, Andrew LLuck

1b. Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray

1c. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jonathan Baldwin

And if we made that trade they'd still be good enough to be a possible wild card, which isn't too much of a drop off.
you guys are trippin with no luggage
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
you guys are trippin with no luggage

Message board....remember, speculating is allowed.
This is a non-issue til the labor situation gets resolved.He'll either get franchised or get an extension loaded with upfront money to work around the 30% rule.I could see them getting rid of him in a couple years though.They gave Bledsoe 100M and traded him a year later.If the Niners are in the market for a new QB in 2011 I just don't see Brady being available.I'd rather have Alex Smith play good and not have QB as a question at the end of the year.
how old is brady?
Originally posted by 5ringsLookinFor6:
I'd rather have Alex Smith play good and not have QB as a question at the end of the year.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
how old is brady?

He'll be 33 this fall.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather have Alex Smith play good and not have QB as a question at the end of the year.

So would all of us, like most of us has said, IF Smith doesn't pan out, we SHOULD pick him up.
make it stop
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
make it stop

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
make it stop

Sorry man, but it's not going to stop until Alex proves something.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So would all of us, like most of us has said, IF Smith doesn't pan out, we SHOULD pick him up.

I don't recall you saying that, at least not in this thread anyway. According to you we should trade Smith, a 1st, a 3rd, AND a 5th for a then 34 year old immobile QB on the downside of his career, not to mention the knee injury.

That would be the most ridiculous trade ever. I'm not saying Brady is no good anymore, but definitely not worth what you're willing to give up. Think about why the Pats would be willing to part ways with the guy who won them 3 SB's. They know more than you or I, and maybe that's that he just doesn't have it anymore.

It's like no one remembers the last playoff game Brady played in. He sucked.