There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Super Bowl in the Cold????

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What a stupid idea. The dumbest idea the NFL has come up with recently other than a 3 day draft process... The Super Bowl is sacred. It's supposed to be in real good weather or a dome. The weather should not determine the outcome of the Super Bowl. A cold weather team may not have a real advantage over a sunny and warm weather team. It's the wrong move just to appease NYC...

How is the 3 day draft process stupid?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
What a stupid idea. The dumbest idea the NFL has come up with recently other than a 3 day draft process... The Super Bowl is sacred. It's supposed to be in real good weather or a dome. The weather should not determine the outcome of the Super Bowl. A cold weather team may not have a real advantage over a sunny and warm weather team. It's the wrong move just to appease NYC...

It's freakin stupid. They could do it in one or 2 at least. I don't prefer waiting 3 days to see who my team got. Is it good for the NFL ratings? Sure. But for the viewer and fan it's really a long drawn out process. It's not going to change though. Maybe next year it will be 4 or 5 days. LOL. Eventually we may get to 7 days. 1 day for each round.

It's freakin stupid. They could do it in one or 2 at least. I don't prefer waiting 3 days to see who my team got. Is it good for the NFL ratings? Sure. But for the viewer and fan it's really a long drawn out process. It's not going to change though. Maybe next year it will be 4 or 5 days. LOL. Eventually we may get to 7 days. 1 day for each round.

More days of NFL devoted coverage during the off season = bad

Yes.

We don't need 7 days to do the draft. Which is what it will evolve into soon.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

I actually liked the new format somewhat. While I don't think the 1st round should have it's own day, I like the splitting of days for the draft.

I think they should revise it to the following format:

Friday: Rounds 1 & 2
Saturday: Rounds 3 & 4
Sunday: Rounds 5-7

At least it's still a weekend tradition instead of starting it on Thursday.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I actually liked the new format somewhat. While I don't think the 1st round should have it's own day, I like the splitting of days for the draft.

I think they should revise it to the following format:

Friday: Rounds 1 & 2
Saturday: Rounds 3 & 4
Sunday: Rounds 5-7

At least it's still a weekend tradition instead of starting it on Thursday.

1 & 2 on the first day is reasonable. The first round alone is rediculous. It left me wanting more. I would have at least wanted to see who the 2nd rounder was on the first day.

Yes.

You are complaining about 3 days LOL

Like it is such a stretch to go from 2 days to 3 days

Yes.

The 2 day format was fine. It's been like that for decades.
lol you think theyd take a chance at having a 6-3 final score SB with no passing, 50 mph winds, and 15 fumbles? ratings disaster.

the super bowl is meant to be played at a neutral site, with neutral conditions. the best team will win.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol you think theyd take a chance at having a 6-3 final score SB with no passing, 50 mph winds, and 15 fumbles? ratings disaster.

the super bowl is meant to be played at a neutral site, with neutral conditions. the best team will win.

This.

Yes.

The 2 day format was fine. It's been like that for decades.

too bad more people prefer 3 days
Are you kidding me? A Leon Lett -type situation in the Super Bowl would IMPLODE America. Not gonna happen.

well the debate is over superbowl 48 will be played in the giants/jets new stadium
if there's a snow storm it's going to suck, this is where Sing's dominating run game would come in handy though
Originally posted by teeohh:
if there's a snow storm it's going to suck, this is where Sing's dominating run game would come in handy though

every decision this Franchise makes should revolve around us peaking in 2014 for this Super Bowl.

I am not even joking one bit