There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chances Nate Davis Gets Significant Time As Starter

Chances Nate Davis Gets Significant Time As Starter

  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,580
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont think he should be the starter, but there is little doubt he should be ahead of Carr. Davis is a baller.

Davis should get a shot at #2, just because Carr is so bad. I think he is shell shocked from all the sacks he took in Houston.
I really like Davis.. If the Niners make playoffs next season and say Smith struggles for the most part and ehhh lets say he throws -below 58% , below 3,200yds , below 20tds and + 15 INT, Davis should have a fair chance NEXT season.. If Smith wows and improves from last year, Davis would just be the backup for the future..
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,225
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I really like Davis.. If the Niners make playoffs next season and say Smith struggles for the most part and ehhh lets say he throws -below 58% , below 3,200yds , below 20tds and + 15 INT, Davis should have a fair chance NEXT season.. If Smith wows and improves from last year, Davis would just be the backup for the future..

I have a feeling that Alex will be replaced by the 3rd season game
I like Davis. I think he will get a chance to make a run at the starting job in about two years.
Im interested to see how much playing time Davis gets next week too, because Carr looked comfortable for a backup.
Is Nate this years Cody Pickett?
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I really like Davis.. If the Niners make playoffs next season and say Smith struggles for the most part and ehhh lets say he throws -below 58% , below 3,200yds , below 20tds and + 15 INT, Davis should have a fair chance NEXT season.. If Smith wows and improves from last year, Davis would just be the backup for the future..

I have a feeling that Alex will be replaced by the 3rd season game
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I really like Davis.. If the Niners make playoffs next season and say Smith struggles for the most part and ehhh lets say he throws -below 58% , below 3,200yds , below 20tds and + 15 INT, Davis should have a fair chance NEXT season.. If Smith wows and improves from last year, Davis would just be the backup for the future..

By Davis? Really?
I have a feeling that Alex will be replaced by the 3rd season game
Davis may turn out to be quite the find, hooooowever, it's nice to see most are still being realistic that he has About more than a 75% of not staring.

I mean he gotta beat out carr, and our other backup qb if he gets in at all. So I think the best we Should hope for is third, and maybe second if he shows continous improvement.
Well, predictably we'd get to this phase in the season and we may need Nate Davis.
I predict Nate will get called up from Practice Squad this week.
The only way he gets a start a chance to start is WHEN Singletary gets canned

witch will be sooner then later
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The only way he gets a start a chance to start is WHEN Singletary gets canned

witch will be sooner then later

Jed York isn't going to get rid of Sing until the bye week so we have a week-long lame-duck situation
Dinglebary: Get Nate Davis on the roster squad pronto! If the Niners are going to embarassed in London against the Broncos, at least get a QB who could throw it down field over 20 yards! How the heck is David Carr a back-up QB without an arm is beyond me! Pathetic!

[ Edited by cris_sonic on Oct 24, 2010 at 14:34:00 ]
Originally posted by cris_sonic:
Dinglebary: Get Nate Davis on the roster squad pronto! If the Niners are going to embarassed in London against the Broncos, at least get a QB who could throw it down field over 20 yards! How the heck is David Carr a back-up QB without an arm is beyond me! Pathetic!

mattbarrows Singeltary said he has to consider bumping Nate Davis to the active roster ...

looks like it could happen soon