LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

The case for Jamarcus Russel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
all he cares about is money, he has no desire to be a good football player.

Prior to being drafted, Russell had already hinted at his intentions in landing a big deal and milking the most out of his status stating, “As far as the swoosh, I was thinking it can be a little eye catcher to Nike,” during his press conference declaring for the draft.

When asked where he would like to land, he commented, “Whoever picks first, whoever pays the most.”

He got what he wanted now kick this f**ker out of the league

/thread
When Gradkowski was the QB they were actually competeting with every team...i dont see how this isnt all jamarcus russell's fault. The dude doesnt CARE about football, plain and simple.
Lol.

Wow.
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this is the case for JaBustus Russell....and he'll have the whole case.

[ Edited by boast on Apr 29, 2010 at 17:19:05 ]
didn't he blame his teammates at one point last year and took none of the blame on himself for how the team was performing
What a douche.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea it would be a difference if he gave an effort. you see how all those crappy o lineman play a little better when the back up comes in b/c they at least feel the back up is giving it his all and trying to win. Russell just cashing a check.

well he gave an effort in lsu

Doesn't count, he was making an effort at LSU to GET PAID when he went pro...now he's been paid and doesn't appear to have the motivation or drive to succeed at this level.
has closed

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
all he cares about is money, he has no desire to be a good football player.

Prior to being drafted, Russell had already hinted at his intentions in landing a big deal and milking the most out of his status stating, “As far as the swoosh, I was thinking it can be a little eye catcher to Nike,” during his press conference declaring for the draft.

When asked where he would like to land, he commented, “Whoever picks first, whoever pays the most.”

He got what he wanted now kick this f**ker out of the league

/thread
i find funny that the raiders had a decent draft this year and russell won't even get the chance to benefit from after going through the motions for too long....that's karma biatchhh
Russell has all the physical talents to be an effective NFL QB, but his former teammates all agree his work ethic is awful and he has a very short attention span.
Maybe if he came to camp around 240 LB's and had a stranglehold on the playbook, then maybe Raider fans would have something to be excited about, but I expect the same fat, out of shape, x-box playing, cheeto eating, sleep til noon Jamarcus Russell to show up once again

He's finished, theres no way he will beat out a smart and hardworking QB like Jason Campbell
how could anyone root for a guy, when holding out his rookie year, for the simple fact that in any event he went to jail, that he would still get paid...who has that stipulation in his contract? Really?

But why would anyone make a case for Russell on a 49er website?
i dont remember the exact story but its something like Coach Cable gave Russell a dvd and said that it was the game plan for the next game for him to watch it and tell him what he thinks.

next day Cable asks russell what he thought and Jamarcus said he liked it and it was good or something like that.

Coach Cable gave him a blank DVD

He doesnt care about anything other than getting paid.

undrafted FAs bust their ass for the chance of making the team they put in more work than this f**k and some of these guys dont even get a chance

f**k jamrcus russell

Haha, I heard that story on NFL radio. His lack of effort is the reason why despite the Raiders ineptitude in giving him the tools he needed, his failures are squarely on him.
Share 49ersWebzone