LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

The case for Jamarcus Russel

Shop 49ers game tickets
First off I would like to say that I hate the raiders and they are the trash of the NFL.

With that being said I just feel bad for anyone who is drafted to that team.

Some of their players I loved in college: and still root for today:
1 Darren McFadden RB
2 Samson Sattali C
3 Nandi Asamougah CB (Cal boy)

Here are 5 reasons why people cannot label a 24 yr old QB a bust:

1) He plays for the worst decision making team in the NFL. They never address needs on the team but instead pick the sexy players.

2) He has the worst Oline in the NFL (skins a close second)
NO LT and Gallery at LG is about as good as David Baas and he has no RG and Barnes at RT is very average.

3) Almost 75% of every time he drops back to pass he has less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.

4) The coaching is aweful in Oakland.

5) He has very average receivers (Heywardbay and Higgins and that aweful guy Walker)

With that being sad I just think he deserves a second chance. Hell Jason Campbell got his second chance why cant he. Also David Carr has now 3 chances.

There are not many teams who will give him a shot but these few make sense:

1) Jacksonville- The jags have absolutley no one behind David shaky Guarrard and this team makes the most sense for him, They already have a much better offensive line than the Raiders and I think it is a good fit. He would have to resructure his contract though.

2) Vikings- Brett Fart is on his last year and they used to have a guy named Dante Culpepper.

3)Tampa Bay-Josh Freeman is a young growing QB and he really doesnt have anybody to compete with him for the starting job. (they just drafted Jevan Snead though)

4) Bills- A lot of Qb's there but they will get rid of Fitzpatrick which could leave room for another QB maybe Bulger or Russel.

I would never want him to be in a Niner uniform but I think he deserves another shot.

[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Apr 29, 2010 at 09:46:01 ]
all he cares about is money, he has no desire to be a good football player.

Prior to being drafted, Russell had already hinted at his intentions in landing a big deal and milking the most out of his status stating, “As far as the swoosh, I was thinking it can be a little eye catcher to Nike,” during his press conference declaring for the draft.

When asked where he would like to land, he commented, “Whoever picks first, whoever pays the most.”

He got what he wanted now kick this f**ker out of the league

[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 29, 2010 at 09:48:47 ]
2nd chance? I think he would rather have a 2nd helping of pie.
The 1 kid who doesn't deserve any excuses in the NFL is Jamarcus
Jamarcus Bustsel
Yea it would be a difference if he gave an effort. you see how all those crappy o lineman play a little better when the back up comes in b/c they at least feel the back up is giving it his all and trying to win. Russell just cashing a check.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
First off I would like to say that I hate the raiders and they are the trash of the NFL.

With that being said I just feel bad for anyone who is drafted to that team.

Some of their players I loved in college: and still root for today:
1 Darren McFadden RB
2 Samson Sattali C
3 Nandi Asamougah CB (Cal boy)

Here are 5 reasons why people cannot label a 24 yr old QB a bust:

1) He plays for the worst decision making team in the NFL. They never address needs on the team but instead pick the sexy players.

2) He has the worst Oline in the NFL (skins a close second)
NO LT and Gallery at LG is about as good as David Baas and he has no RG and Barnes at RT is very average.

3) Almost 75% of every time he drops back to pass he has less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.

4) The coaching is aweful in Oakland.

5) He has very average receivers (Heywardbay and Higgins and that aweful guy Walker)

With that being sad I just think he deserves a second chance. Hell Jason Campbell got his second chance why cant he. Also David Carr has now 3 chances.

There are not many teams who will give him a shot but these few make sense:

1) Jacksonville- The jags have absolutley no one behind David shaky Guarrard and this team makes the most sense for him, They already have a much better offensive line than the Raiders and I think it is a good fit. He would have to resructure his contract though.

2) Vikings- Brett Fart is on his last year and they used to have a guy named Dante Culpepper.

3)Tampa Bay-Josh Freeman is a young growing QB and he really doesnt have anybody to compete with him for the starting job. (they just drafted Jevan Snead though)

4) Bills- A lot of Qb's there but they will get rid of Fitzpatrick which could leave room for another QB maybe Bulger or Russel.

I would never want him to be in a Niner uniform but I think he deserves another shot.

1- It's Satele not Sattali

2- Don't blame the coaches in Oakland for Russell. The last 2 years he has Paul Hackett helping him and not improved.

3- Gradkowski & Frye played behind the same OL and fared MUCH better than Russell did.

4- The receivers are far from great but with Gradkowski and Frye under center they were catching more passes than with Russell.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea it would be a difference if he gave an effort. you see how all those crappy o lineman play a little better when the back up comes in b/c they at least feel the back up is giving it his all and trying to win. Russell just cashing a check.

well he gave an effort in lsu
when the team quits on you it time to leave. he did this to himsefl
i dont remember the exact story but its something like Coach Cable gave Russell a dvd and said that it was the game plan for the next game for him to watch it and tell him what he thinks.

next day Cable asks russell what he thought and Jamarcus said he liked it and it was good or something like that.

Coach Cable gave him a blank DVD

He doesnt care about anything other than getting paid.

undrafted FAs bust their ass for the chance of making the team they put in more work than this f**k and some of these guys dont even get a chance

f**k jamrcus russell

I don't have anything against this guy, but let's look at his current condition. Here he is just before the draft, on the verge of losing his job to Gradkowski next season, then his team trades for an even better option at QB in Campbell, so what does he do? He shows up to off season workouts at 300 pounds. WTF? We're talking about a QB. Not a lineman. A QB. It's an easy little joke to make about him being as big as a lineman, but this isn't a joke. He really is that big.
  • Bille
  • Veteran

He did that to get paid, he got his money why give an effort anymore?

Not really in college you can get by being that gifted and he is that gifted. But when you hit the NFL you have to watch tape. workout, and add the intangibles to that gift to become a better qb and he hasn't worked at those intangibles at all.
Originally posted by Bille:

He did that to get paid, he got his money why give an effort anymore?

also..

he didnt really give much effort...LSU heavily favors the run, and they played great defense while russell was there...

i remember when LSU beat ND in the sugar bowl and everyone was saying Russell was better than Brady Quinn, I was just like....WTF?!....on the same level of calling Dilfer a better quarterback than Kerry Collins after the ravens beat the giants in the superbowl..

[ Edited by MaliCali on Apr 29, 2010 at 13:31:07 ]
Well, I don't hate him. Despise a little maybe. There are many more people in the world deserving ofcyour sympathy than this guy. He pretty much had it all, and couldn't be bothered to try.

Sad really, but like I say, many sadder stories of people who never had a chance
Share 49ersWebzone