First off I would like to say that I hate the raiders and they are the trash of the NFL.
With that being said I just feel bad for anyone who is drafted to that team.
Some of their players I loved in college: and still root for today:
1 Darren McFadden RB
2 Samson Sattali C
3 Nandi Asamougah CB (Cal boy)
Here are 5 reasons why people cannot label a 24 yr old QB a bust:
1) He plays for the worst decision making team in the NFL. They never address needs on the team but instead pick the sexy players.
2) He has the worst Oline in the NFL (skins a close second)
NO LT and Gallery at LG is about as good as David Baas and he has no RG and Barnes at RT is very average.
3) Almost 75% of every time he drops back to pass he has less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.
4) The coaching is aweful in Oakland.
5) He has very average receivers (Heywardbay and Higgins and that aweful guy Walker)
With that being sad I just think he deserves a second chance. Hell Jason Campbell got his second chance why cant he. Also David Carr has now 3 chances.
There are not many teams who will give him a shot but these few make sense:
1) Jacksonville- The jags have absolutley no one behind David shaky Guarrard and this team makes the most sense for him, They already have a much better offensive line than the Raiders and I think it is a good fit. He would have to resructure his contract though.
2) Vikings- Brett Fart is on his last year and they used to have a guy named Dante Culpepper.
3)Tampa Bay-Josh Freeman is a young growing QB and he really doesnt have anybody to compete with him for the starting job. (they just drafted Jevan Snead though)
4) Bills- A lot of Qb's there but they will get rid of Fitzpatrick which could leave room for another QB maybe Bulger or Russel.
I would never want him to be in a Niner uniform but I think he deserves another shot.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Apr 29, 2010 at 09:46:01 ]