LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

IMO, Rich Eisen sucks.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I actually think he is one of the better TV sports personalities.
Originally posted by susweel:
I actually think he is one of the better TV sports personalities.

Eisen FTW!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I can't believe you guys like that guy.
I like him too. He isn't annoying like how most guys on say, ESPN, can be.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Compared to the competition, he's great. Doesn't take himself too seriously, but isn't over the top trying to be funny with a million retarded catch phrases, doesn't try to make the show about him. Really all they have to do is get rid of Deion who always makes everything about him, and you'd have a great crew.

This.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
As wacked out as Michael Irvin is, he actually makes a lot more sense than 99% of people out there. Remember when Crabtree signed and everyone was talking about how he'd have no impact? He was the only guy out there who said he'd step right in and produce...and that's exactly what Crabs did.

Irvin is a crackhead, no doubt...but he actually has some decent insight. He doesn't come across like an idiot on TV like Emmitt Smith or Marcellus Wiley (Wiley is a lot better on radio though).

Yeah, I have to admit Irvin has entertainment value and does make some good points (don't always agree with them, but he does know how to speak to his audience). Jamie Dukes, on the other hand, is a complete waste of airtime. Eisen is good too IMO, never been annoyed with his contributions on the NFL Network.

Entertainment value? All dude does is talk about the cowboys and the U. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need entertainment value, I want good analysis and sorry he has none.
He is what I call a useful idiot. He is there for a large portion of the viewership. The NFL uneducated, and the kids. He is there to ask the stupid question. He is there to reign in the analysis to make sure it does not get too intelligent for mass consumption. To provide a quick recap in laymans terms.

And I happen to like him and think he is good at what he does.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:

You gotta credit him for one of the most awesome nicknames for Frank Gore. "The Inconvenient Truth"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If you dont like Eisen then something must be wrong with you.
He's like the Chris Berman equivalent on NFLN.

I like Eisen.

Dukes and Deion are both god awful.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I like Eisen.

Deion is ok, too full of himself but OK. Dukes is horrible
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I like Eisen.

Deion is ok, too full of himself but OK. Dukes is horrible

I want to punch Deion at times and Dukes sux bawls. Rich is okay in my book though. He doesn't need to be a total football guy, just an entertaining host.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
He is what I call a useful idiot. He is there for a large portion of the viewership. The NFL uneducated, and the kids. He is there to ask the stupid question. He is there to reign in the analysis to make sure it does not get too intelligent for mass consumption. To provide a quick recap in laymans terms.

And I happen to like him and think he is good at what he does.

thats a good analysis

I like Eisen.

I like Dukes because he can f**k up sometimes and its funny.
Share 49ersWebzone