There are 139 users in the forums

Saints were 8-8 last year

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by nothing03:
Well here is the difference between the
8-8 saints last year and the 49ers 8-8
1. They have a Franchise QB and we don't
2. Sean Payton offensive genius while Raye old Fart
3. Sings offensive philosophy are pure crap. Once we have the lead he always play itself and play not to lose. Sean Payton goes all out on his offense.
4. Our offensive line is crap.
Positives going for the niners
1. I think we have better defense Saints are ranked 27th on D but they have a lot of takeaways.
2. We have better RB
3. P willy
4. V. Davis better than shockey

This are just some differences between the Saints from last year and the niners current status. Were not really far away to be a playoff team but the coaching and the team Philosophy need to change in order to take us to the next level.

well thanks for ruining my day.
Originally posted by momoney925:
3. Sings offensive philosophy are pure crap. Once we have the lead he always play itself and play not to lose. Sean Payton goes all out on his offense.
1. I think we have better defense Saints are ranked 27th on D but they have a lot of takeaways.
2. We have better RB
3. P willy

This are just some differences between the Saints from last year and the niners current status. Were not really far away to be a playoff team but the coaching and the team Philosophy need to change in order to take us to the next level.

I know! I start a meaningless, fun thread to get people excited, and the whole thread is about how much the niners suck.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
2. We have better RB
3. P willy

I know! I start a meaningless, fun thread to get people excited, and the whole thread is about how much the niners suck.

8-8 was a down year for the Saints, where as 8-8 for the Niners is their ceiling
Redskins were 8-8 last year too.
i can see us losing our playoff gm due to stupid conservative crap. say were up by 14 all we'll do is run up the middle and short passes to try not to lose the gm and go 3 and out.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I picked them to go to the super bowl before the season began.

It's weird because in the last five seasons, the team in last place in the NFC south wins the division the next year.

Niners 12-4 next year!!

I looked through all the comments before I decided to answer. The NFC South is a weird division, because the last place team usually is the bes the next year. Also, the Saints were one of the top offenses with that 8-8 record. They brought in defensive Coordinator, A ball hawking safety, and the defense seemed to excel at takeaways this year.

PS....I think this was destiny for the Saints and I'm happy to see it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4895017

Saints saddled with 29 expiring deals next year
By Adam Schefter
ESPN

While it was the players of the New Orleans Saints who pushed them into the Super Bowl, it's the team's front office that faces a tall order after Sunday's game.

More than 50 percent of the players on the Saints' roster have contracts that expire after the Super Bowl, according to NFL Players Association records.

NFL Insider Adam Schefter

Schefter Check out Schefter's Insider blog Insider for more NFL coverage and analysis.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Not many teams will have a busier offseason, as the Saints are scheduled to have 18 restricted free agents and 11 unrestricted free agents.

The Saints, who also are expected to make other moves, can tender an offer to their restricted free agents that matches any offer sheet they might sign.

New Orleans' restricted free agents include running backs Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell, receivers Lance Moore and Courtney Roby, offensive tackles Jermon Bushrod and Jammal Brown, guard Jahri Evans, defensive tackles Anthony Hargrove and Remi Ayodele, and safety Roman Harper.

New Orleans unrestricted free agents include Pro Bowl safety Darren Sharper, linebacker Scott Fujita and quarterback Mark Brunell.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Feb 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
2. We have better RB
3. P willy

8-8 was a down year for the Saints, where as 8-8 for the Niners is their ceiling

no, 8-8 NEXT year is a down year for the saints.
the saints have been a .500 or lower team for years.
so not that much of a difference.
and you honestly think the niners cant do better than 8-8 next year?
no, its definitely not our ceiling.
[ Edited by momoney925 on Feb 8, 2010 at 2:32 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
lulz
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We can do it!

And the Jets went 4-12 two years ago and now they had a rookie QB.

Sheesh, our front office needs to get their s**t together and stop accepting losing games because of dumb coaching decisions. Only if our front office new more about football and what's acceptable.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Yeah....But they have Drew Brees....
2. We have better RB
3. P willy

There is a HUGE difference. The Saints have had a one of the most prolific offenses for many seasons now. That is what got them to a Championship game in 06. Teams with offenses that good usually win 9+ games on their Offense Alone. That is why I say they were an underachieving 8-8

What have the 49ers done that is even remotely comparable to sporting an elite offense for several seasons?

People who try to make these off the wall connections through associations by standings just show how limited their knowledge is in the NFL.

If I listed the top 10 reasons why the Niners are going to make a playoff run next season, strangely I would not list because they were 8-8 just like the 08 Saints....as one of the reasons
[ Edited by danimal on Feb 8, 2010 at 3:45 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
In 2008 Brees was within 50 yards of breaking Dan Marino's record. All they needed was the defense to do something. This year they were able to get turnover's. It's all they needed considering the strength of their offense.

I believe this 49ers team will be a playoff caliber team going into the 2010 season but definitely no where near Superbowl quality.
2. We have better RB
3. P willy

There is a HUGE difference. The Saints have had a one of the most prolific offenses for many seasons now. That is what got them to a Championship game in 06. Teams with offenses that good usually win 9+ games on their Offense Alone. That is why I say they were an underachieving 8-8

What have the 49ers done that is even remotely comparable to sporting an elite offense for several seasons?

People who try to make these off the wall connections through associations by standings just show how limited their knowledge is in the NFL.

If I listed the top 10 reasons why the Niners are going to make a playoff run next season, strangely I would not list because they were 8-8 just like the 08 Saints....as one of the reasons

ive once heard a phrase.."Defense wins championships"
Share 49ersWebzone