LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 331 users in the forums

seahawks fire mora/ Sign Pete Carroll

Shop 49ers game tickets
ESPN reporting it now

Says they're interviewing Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Who do you think they are going after?

Leach
Cowher
anybody else

Maybe Gruden

Gruden seems like the best fit.

I doubt Cowher just because of the whole "I want to stay close to my family in NC stuff"
I heard Brian Billick was assembling a staff but that was earlier this week. Not sure if its related to this, but you never know.

Hopefully, they choose a 1st year HC.
WOW! That was quick!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
WOW! That was quick!

That's what she said.

But seriously, folks.........the simple fact that he was on the staff as the next HC in waiting and they fire him after one year is pretty ridiculous. The only thing that makes sense is that they have something big lined up.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I heard Brian Billick was assembling a staff but that was earlier this week. Not sure if its related to this, but you never know.

Billick would be a good choice for them.

On a side note usually when New Gms and coaches come in they want their own QB, i know they have Hasselbeck but could this mean that they draft or trade for a QB, hasslebeck is getting up there and is always hurt now

and i read thsi this morning as well

from ESPN
With the tweet on Thursday from NFL Insider Adam Schefter that "Cleveland requested and received permission from Seattle to interview Seahawks director of pro personnel Will Lewis for Browns GM job," maybe it's time to look at a rumor from a couple weeks ago. Specifically, is Matt Hasselbeck headed to the Browns?

In discussing the three different options for the Seattle Seahawks related to Hasselbeck for 2010 and beyond, NFC West blogger Mike Sando includes the possibility that the team could trade him; furthermore, Sando thinks that Holmgren and the Browns would be "a natural fit." This idea is only amplified if Lewis is brought into the mix. For the record, Seahawks coach Jim Mora responded affirmatively when asked Thursday if Hasselbeck would be his QB in 2010, per the Seattle Times.

If the other rumors are true that Holmgren wants to install some version of his West Coast offense in Cleveland, Hasselbeck might be the perfect option. More importantly, Holmgren may want to move either Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson, both of whom would be better for the 'Hawks than starting at ground zero with a rookie or -- gasp! -- Seneca Wallace. We'll be interested to hear more on this as it develops this offseason.
Wow, I'm shocked!

I thought Mangini would get fired before Mora.

-9fA
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Mora could go to the Raiders if Cable gets fired.

Nope, that will be Jimmy Harbaugh's job

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
ESPN reporting it now

Says they're interviewing Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.

The 1st of many candidates I'm sure. FWIW Frazier interviewed with the Bills already.

Originally posted by Overkill:

Leach
Cowher
anybody else

Maybe Gruden

I doubt Cowher just because of the whole "I want to stay close to my family in NC stuff"

Gruden has decided he's taking 2010 off, if not he'd be Mangini's replacement.

Billick was hoping to hear from the Bills but Seattle would be a possibility as well.
Hopefully the hire Nolan
Smart move Jim Mora Jr is a horrible coach in way over his head and I still can't figure out why anybody would hire him in the 1st place. I really wanted him to stay there b/c Seattle would never win with him as the coach.

It's all P. Willy's fault
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Nope, that will be Jimmy Harbaugh's job [;)

He's staying as a Cardinal

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 8, 2010 at 12:04:56 ]
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Shocking.

I would have guessed Mangini would have been canned after a year. Not Jim Mora.

ain't that but the truth

Leach
Cowher
anybody else

Maybe Gruden

I hadn't heard that. I wonder why? Just for the Holmgren connection?

I don't see the Browns being a dream situation for a HC at this point.

Nope, that will be Jimmy Harbaugh's job

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
ESPN reporting it now

The 1st of many candidates I'm sure. FWIW Frazier interviewed with the Bills already.

Leach
Cowher
anybody else

Maybe Gruden

Billick was hoping to hear from the Bills but Seattle would be a possibility as well.

Man, where do you start?

What makes you think J Harbaugh wants that raider job if it becomes available?
Share 49ersWebzone