There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mangini to return as Browns coach

What is Holmgren thinking?
LINK
Stupid move by Holmgren.

He's going to hire a coach first and GM second? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. And all this coupled with their best player, Cribbs wanting out?

What a start...

-9fA
I bet Pioli is disappointed.

He probably wanted the whole set...
Originally posted by Overkill:

lol!
They finished strong once they committed to the running game. Not a bad move, IMO.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
They finished strong once they committed to the running game. Not a bad move, IMO.

Yep. Marty Mornhinweg will be available next year if Mangini fails again. No need to force the issue when Mangini finished on a high note.
I think he deserves at least another year. Their defense can be strong if they can move the ball on offense.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Overkill:

lol!

Wouldn't be surprised if he's still in interested in being head coach. Keeping Mangini makes it alot easier for him to slide in there after next season.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
I think he deserves at least another year. Their defense can be strong if they can move the ball on offense.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Wouldn't be surprised if he's still in interested in being head coach. Keeping Mangini makes it alot easier for him to slide in there after next season.

Plus Cleveland's owner doesn't believe in paying coaches to sit home and chill. that's also part of it. they just spent all their money on Holmgrem. I don't see them having any better success next year. And they still aren't trying to pay Cribbs what he is worth.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Mangini is just holding the line. I guarantee Holmgren has no long term plans for him, He's going to draft guys to fit the WCO this year and get his own guy next year that fits his philosophy while Mangini builds the defense. He's waiting for Gruden who he knows will have the itch by next year. With a possible lock out there may not even be football, so it would be dumb to hire a coach right now.
Holmgrem will want his stamp on the offense, so I wouldnt be surprised if a coach from the walsh tree is brought in
Remember when everyone called him "Mangenius" after one above-average season?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Remember when everyone called him "Mangenius" after one above-average season?

..Yeah, and he even scored a cameo on "The Sopranos"