LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

JUST IN...Josh Cribbs is requesting Trade...

Shop 49ers game tickets
how are his hands?? Do the Browns not use him as a primary receiver???
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
how are his hands?? Do the Browns not use him as a primary receiver???

Actually more of a RB in the wild cat. But he does play WR and RB along with his return duties. He's a jack of all trades.
Scenarios which I would applaud gaining Cribbs:

-- Trading a 3rd-rounder or later + a 5th-rounder or later
-- Trading a 3rd-rounder or later + Jason Hill or Arnaz Battle or Brandon Jones
-- Trading a 2nd-rounder, maybe

Scenarios which I would not applaud gaining Cribbs:

-- Trading any 1st-round pick

Best-case scenario:

-- Trade our #16, 2nd-round pick, 6th/7th-round pick, and one of Hill/Battle/Jones for Cribbs and the Browns #7 pick. Hope Berry falls to #7, or else draft Haden. Trade down our #13 for late teens/early 20s and pick up a 2nd-round pick. Draft a RT with our second 1st-round pick; draft Dexter McCluster in 2nd round. Draft interior lineman in 3rd round. Upgraded O-line, Secondary, KR/PR, and two more explosive weapons on offense. Warner retires after wildcard loss to GB, Boldin traded to an AFC team, Rams don't take Suh, and 49ers finish with 10+ wins in 2010 and finish 3+ games up in the West.
Considering the ammo that we have in terms of draft picks and disposable players, I have a really good feeling that we will snag this guy. Singletary and company know how much of an impact Cribbs would have made this year had he been on our squad.

I say we give up a 2nd rounder for him and call it a day.

He's the difference between us getting at least 2 more wins this year.

McCloughan needs to get off his ass and make moves ASAP
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Considering the ammo that we have in terms of draft picks and disposable players, I have a really good feeling that we will snag this guy. Singletary and company know how much of an impact Cribbs would have made this year had he been on our squad.

they want a 1st rounder for him !
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Agreed all the way.

Let's not forget that late in the season, there was talk about converting him into a full-time RB. Just like Hester has turned into a serviceable WR for the Bears, I could see Cribbs becoming a viable option as a 3rd down change of pace back, which is another big need on our roster.

Guy would be a perfect fit for this team.
hes worth our 17th pick, that being said I would think as cheap as they are they would rather have a 3rd and 5th round pick for him.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I wouldn't trade a first rounder for a kick returner.
Originally posted by crzy:

This.

I'd be ok with a 2nd rounder as good as Cribbs is but a first just seems crazy to me for a return guy. They aren't on the field that much and even the best return guys in the league return only a handful for TD's in an entire year.

No way he's worth a 1st.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 8, 2010 at 17:18:11 ]
A 3rd is the highest I'd give for Cribbs. A 3rd and possibly throw in a 5th or 6th rounder.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This.

I'd be ok with a 2nd rounder as good as Cribbs is but a first just seems crazy to me for a return guy. They aren't on the field that much and even the best return guys in the league return only a handful for TD's in an entire year.

No way he's worth a 1st.

we would have won a lot more games had we had a decent punt returner.
for Cribbs id give them our 2nd round pick at most.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This.

No way he's worth a 1st.

we would have won a lot more games had we had a decent punt returner.
for Cribbs id give them our 2nd round pick at most.

Agreed. That Seattle game sucked because it was a field position battle for most of the 2nd half and our Punt Returners could do absolutely nothing with the ball every time they got it.
Damn ESPN Insider...would someone who can access that info please tell us what it says?

Rumors: Josh Cribbs to Niners could happen
It makes sense.

Cribbs is a great return man, the 49ers return men suck.

I could see us packaging something together with Mike (maybe send him Shaun Hill since the Browns need a QB).
Originally posted by Psinex:
Damn ESPN Insider...would someone who can access that info please tell us what it says?

Rumors: Josh Cribbs to Niners could happen

I hope it does happen! Great start to the off-season if it goes through. But not for a 1st round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone