LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

JUST IN...Josh Cribbs is requesting Trade...

Shop 49ers game tickets
During the season when the Browns claimed Edwards and nearly everyone else on their roster would be considered for a trade, we were one of the handful of teams rumored to be interested in Cribbs.

I'm sure the interest is there. It will just come down to how much we value him. Since we are among the league's worst in the return game, it seems that we'd be willing to give up a little more than others.

I think we have a legit shot at getting Cribbs.
i think if we get cribbs we pass on spiller but still get a mcluster or ford type player
ESPN Insider ALWAYS gets their information from the Matt's. Since the Matt's are speculating that the 49ers could make a push for Cribbs, ESPN is just pushing that same info to a more national audience.

-9fA
Originally posted by 228niner:
i think if we get cribbs we pass on spiller but still get a mcluster or ford type player

Id rather get Cribbs just so we could pass on Spiller and draft a full time starter
This is going to turn out to be the next April fools joke.
Of course it "could" happen. Just like I "could" win the lottery.
i swear we better not give up a 1st
  • NickV
  • Veteran
If It was me I would give up a 2nd. Or maybe a 3rd with a player one of our wr's or lbers.

Hopefully it happens.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its not gonna happen. Niners don't trade draft picks for impact players.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i swear we better not give up a 1st

Yeah I would hate to give up a first for him....maybe a 2nd...

From what I've been reading, it seems like we have a few options.

Say we get Cribbs, we will instantly have one of the best returners in football. When was the last time we had anyone who resembled a threat? Apart from Rossum, that is.

If we don't get Cribbs, we can either go from CJ Spiller or Javier Arenas (not the gun toting Arenas). We might be able to score them in the 2nd round. So best case scenario, we take RT Bulaga and OG Lupati AND Spiller/Arenas, we are pretty much set, right?

What do you think the Niners will do if Taylor Mays falls to 13? He seems to be a controversial pick. Is he going to be the next Darnell Bing or will he prove to be a feared hitter like our very own number 42?
It all depens on what we could get or who we could pick with that number 17th pick. Cribbs is a proven player and he would be awesome on the 49ers. Stop thinking of him as just being a return guy, he can play in other spots. If we could get him for a 2nd or 3rd he would be a steal.
Originally posted by Psinex:

Say we get Cribbs, we will instantly have one of the best returners in football. When was the last time we had anyone who resembled a threat? Apart from Rossum, that is.

If we don't get Cribbs, we can either go from CJ Spiller or Javier Arenas (not the gun toting Arenas). We might be able to score them in the 2nd round. So best case scenario, we take RT Bulaga and OG Lupati AND Spiller/Arenas, we are pretty much set, right?

What do you think the Niners will do if Taylor Mays falls to 13? He seems to be a controversial pick. Is he going to be the next Darnell Bing or will he prove to be a feared hitter like our very own number 42?

spiller in the 2nd will never happen
first Rb selected, top 20 at worst
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Psinex:

spiller in the 2nd will never happen
first Rb selected, top 20 at worst

Ugh, the dreaded merge with a dated "Just In" subject.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This is going to turn out to be the next April fools joke.

Breaking News: 49ers send Kentwan Balmer to the Browns for Josh Cribbs and 2 lbs of Mike Holmgren's body fat.
Share 49ersWebzone